Chapter 12 ~Learning~

Becca woke up by something nudging her stomach. She opened her eyes seeing the creature looking at her. She yawned and got up and looked at him. He looked at her and she asked, "What?" He grabbed her shirt sleeve with his mouth and she saw how sharp his teeth actually are. She gave him a confused look but she followed him as he pulled her out of the vent.

        He looked at her and she got up on her feet. He walked a few feet then looked back and hissed. "Oh you want me to follow." She said and she followed him as he walked through the halls. As they walked, Becca watched him. She looked at the way his body moves as he walks on his hind legs. She glanced down seeing his long tail dragging behind him on the floor. But she was broken from her trance when he stopped.

       She stopped beside him as he looked around and sniffed the air. "What?" She whispered and he grabbed her and pushed her down to the floor and pushed her behind a box that seemed to be there for a long time. "What? Is something wrong?" He only hissed at her guessing that meant to stay down. She nodded and crouched down behind the box. He walked off and she peeked over the box seeing him climb up the walls and disappearing into a vent on the ceiling.

       She waited for him to come back but as she waited she thought over about the things she learned about him. He has acid blood, a second mouth, sharp teeth and claws, walks on hind legs, and is able to walk on any surface. She smiled as she thought but then she heard voices in the distance.

       Becca slowly peeked over the box not seeing anything but she saw the shadows of two people. She was about to come out but then she remembered what the creature wanted her to do. To stay behind the box. But two of her comrades were there. She had two choices. Stay here and wait for him, or get up and finally reunite with the group. but she didn't get to choose when gun shots broke out through the hall.

      She quickly hid behind the box that is till she heard the creature screech out in pain. She quickly looked over the box and saw blood spilled on the floor. She quietly but quickly came out of hiding and looked in the hall. She gasped and closed her eyes from the scene. The two men were the two lowest rank soldiers known as Rick and Matthew. Their heads had large holes in them and blood was on the walls and floor. But when she opened her eyes she gasped again.

        There was the creature but he was wounded. She ran over and saw two bullet wounds on his chest. But when she went to touch it he quickly grabbed her hand stopping her. She was about to say something till he hissed and pointed at the spots his blood dropped on. But each spot had melted and left a hole in the floor.

        "You got acid blood." He nodded and Becca realized he didn't want her to touch it because then her hand will burn off. "But what can I do?" He looked at her then back to his chest. He hissed and started to walk off and she ran after him. They soon arrived at the same vent and he gently nudged her inside with his head. Becca climbed in followed by him. "I need to treat the woun-" but she was cut off when she saw his wounds stopped bleeding. She smiled and went over to the rags and tore off a large piece.

         "Here." She gently laid the rag on the two wounds and she held the rag with one hand while her other hand grabbed a longer rag. She tied the ends to the rag and wrapped it around his chest and tied it at his back. Once she saw it would stay she said, "There you go." She looked up and saw him looking at her. She smiled and what sounded like a purr came from him and he nuzzled her head in what seemed like a thank you. She smiled and rubbed his head,"Your welcome."