10 - Interaction

Nora's PoV:

When I came back into the living room, I saw it empty. I panicked and thought he really kidnapped her. I mean, I knew he wanted to take her away from me!
"Emma!" I yelled and I heard a loud 'sh' from behind me.

"Where's-"
"God damn it, she just fell asleep." He said, stepping out of Emma's room. I felt relieved and sighed. Why was he here this early? I should've called him as soon as I woke up.

"Is she okay? How did you manage to-"
"Can we talk in the living room? It was really hard to get her to sleep." He whispered, but before I could answer, he took a hold of my elbow and dragged me into the living room.

"I can walk on my own. Who do you think you are?" I asked as he pushed me on the couch. He crossed his arms over his chest as he stood in front of me.
"I'm your baby daddy." He looked smug and I glared at him.

"Stop talking like that." I scowled and he chuckled, before sitting down next to me.
"I was joking." He told me and I rolled my eyes. It was awkward for a while, since I didn't answer. I decided to break the silence and offer him a drink when he stood up as well.

"Can I-"
"Do you-" We said at the same time and he chuckled at my flushed face. I looked away from him.
"Sorry, what were you going to say?" He asked me.

"Do you want a drink or something?" I asked him and he nodded.
"Yes, water please." He answered. I nodded and walked into the kitchen. I poured a glass of water for him and myself. When I got back in the living room I saw him holding a halfway eaten chocolate bar in his hands.

"Allergic to chocolate, huh?" He said once I placed the glasses on the coffee table.
"That's Emma's." I shrugged. How did he even find my secret place?
"Emma likes dark chocolate?" He asked in disbelieve.

"She loves it." I said. She doesn't, but whatever.
"Oh well." He placed the chocolate back in its hiding spot and took a gulp of the water.
"If you want to leave, you can. I know this is not how you expected this day to turn out and I'm sorry for not calling you earlier." I said, sitting down next to him.

"No, it's fine. She's sick and I want to help you take care of her. It's like a marriage, I'll be there through sick and healthy." He smiled at me and I almost rolled my eyes. How can he say such perfect things? Can he stop already? I'm not falling for it.

"Speaking of marriage." He said. What?
"You don't plan on marrying do you?" He raised an eyebrow and turned his body towards me.
"Of course I do." I said.

"Great." He nodded, looking at his hands, that were placed on his lap.
"You don't have any potential groom yet, do you?" He continued.
"Why?" I asked, getting weirded out by his questions.

"Just wondering." He shrugged, looking back at me.
"Oh." I answered. I just want this conversation to be over. What happened to not interacting with each other?

"So yes or no?" He asked and I sighed and turned my body towards him.
"I thought I told you we shouldn't interact with each other. I respect that you're here for Emma and I'm happy you got her to sleep, but let's just not talk." I said and stood up, leaving the room.

Did he know how hot he looked today? Did he ever wear that cologne before? It was so masculine and spicy. I had to get away from him. I locked myself in my room and sighed. Why does he have to be such an asshole towards women?

I wish I could just trust him and let him be with me and my daughter. I wish we could be a family, but I knew he wouldn't stay. He never stayed with one woman for too long. I even saw a few of them cry whenever he was ready with them. He would always have that nasty smirk on his face whenever he came out of his office the next moment.

The girl was barely out and he came up to me and acted as if she wasn't even in the room. She was literally balling her eyes out in front of him and he didn't care. Who does that? Thinking about it now, it's been quite a while since he called his women to the office. Maybe he's a little more decent now that he knows he's a father.

I lied down on my bed and closed my eyes. I need to remember daily why I'm pushing him away. I need to remember our future, Emma's future. Richard, the guy I'm dating is our future. He's a lawyer, comes from a good family and is able to support us financially, just in case something happens.

He might not be as attractive as Elijah, but that's good. I know he doesn't have a lot of experience with women and I'm glad, since I also only had Elijah before. I'm sure that he isn't the biggest fan of children, but when he gets to know Emma, he will love her.

And I can grow to love him, I know. He's safe and Elijah isn't. I have no time to fool around anymore. I have a child to protect. I shot up from my bed when I heard an object falling to the ground loudly. What was that?

"What in the world are you doing?" I asked Elijah when I saw him picking up the pan from the floor. He didn't answer, just continued what he was doing.
"Elijah, I'm talking to you." I said and he shook his head, before glaring at me.

"I thought we wouldn't talk." He said, putting some oil in the pan.
"Yes, but if something happens-"
"Nothing happened, crawl back to wherever you came from." He said and I scoffed. Did he just really say that?

"Excuse me? You're in my house, I will not allow you to talk to me like that." I placed my hands on my hips.
"Then we better don't talk, huh." He said, not looking at me. Oh, I see. I see what he's doing.

"I don't care if you're upset by my decision. But if you ever talk to me like that in front of Emma or in general, you'll be gone." I threatened and his head snapped towards me.
"Gone? You can't get rid of me, I'm her dad." He said.

"Not on the papers." I said and he smirked evilly.
"I took a paternity test, forgot? I'll have it on the papers in a few days." He said.
"Without my approval, so think about it." I said and he clenched his jaw.

"Just leave me alone. You don't want to talk, we won't." He said and I sighed.
"You wash the dishes, you make." I commented and then left the kitchen again.
"You wash the dishes, nanana." I heard him mock me, but didn't turn around.

How mature.