21 - Epilogue

Elijah's PoV:

Today is the day. I'm going to tell Nora how I feel. It's also Emma's third birthday and I want to include our daughter. I've been dropping hints all day long anyways, but it seems like they aren't strong enough.

For example, our breakfast when I made chocolate chip pancakes in a heart form. Yes, I Elijah Daniels made pancakes in a heart form. And not only because I wanted to surprise Emma, but also because I felt cheesy enough to surprise Nora.

"Do you think she'll like it?" I heard Nora ask me as I prepared the table. I took a step back, next to my girlfriend and looked at our work. Like any three year old girl, our daughter was obsessed with ponies, so we held the theme of the party in pink and horses and ponies everywhere.

"I think she'll love it." Just like I love you, I wanted to add as I wrapped my hands around Nora and kissed her temple. She snuggled deeper against my body and kissed my neck. Fuck, I love that woman.

"We still have time until the guests arrive." She turned in my arms as she faced me and nibbled at my earlobe. Oh God. I tightened my grip on her waist and then pulled her closer to me.

"What are you implying, Nora Gray?" I asked her, teasingly lifting an eyebrow. She smirked up at me and I wasn't surprised by her behaviour anymore. We both loved our intimate moments, more than I've ever liked it with one of my mistresses or past girlfriends.

I think I created a monster.

Nora's PoV:

"Oh God, we need to dress now!" I jumped up from bed, realizing Elijah and I fell asleep in the middle of the day. I quickly threw his clothes towards him and then put on my own.

"Can we shower, first?" He asked me and I shook my head.
"No, we have ten minutes until the first guests should come in." I said, not even thinking about showering.

"Alright, I'll go get the cake from the freezer. Calm down, honey." He said as he stood up, pulled his clothes on and kissed my forehead. I watched him walk away after sighing. I really should calm down.

Thirty minutes later and the birthday party was a success. Emma loved the decorations and didn't expect her friends from kindergarten to be here. She slept over at mom's place and as I feared, she did get a little trim in her hair.

"It's fine. She looks cute." Elijah said when I was on the verge of shouting at my mom. Only he could calm me down with his soothing voice, because God knows I was damn angry.

But after a little chit chat with the rest of the moms and also Maria, who flew in last night, just for Emma's birthday, I was finally calm and actually in a really good mood. Elijah would talk to some of the dads and once in a while throw me a wink.

I should tell him soon. I want to get it out of the way. I love him and I want to stay with him. He is perfect, an amazing dad to Emma, an amazing lover and he cooks! What else could I ask for?

It was that moment when I stood by the cake, cutting a piece for Lora, one of Emma's little friends, when I saw Elijah leave the living room. I smiled at the kid when I handed her the plate and then decided I should tell him. It's not a big deal, I want to be with him. So why am I nervous?

"Elijah?" I asked when I saw him crouch under Emma's bed. He looked over his shoulder and smiled, before straightening his back.
"Hey you." He came to stand in front of me.

"What were you doing?" I asked, kissing his lips softly.
"Oh, Emma asked me to look for her new slippers, because she wanted to show them off to her friends. But I don't know where she put them." He scratched his neck.