16 - One Chance

As soon as I came back to my senses, I shoved him hard. He didn't even bother moving. Since when was he so strong? Or was I just weak?
"What the heck was that?" I yelled at him.

"I kissed you." He shrugged and looked down at me with a smirk playing on his lips.
"Wipe that smirk off your face before I do it." I snapped and he chuckled.
"You liked it, didn't you?" His hot breath hit my forehead.

"Don't be ridiculous." I gave up trying to hit him and crossed my arms over my chest.
"Nora." His finger lifted my chin, so I would meet his eyes. I felt the same tingle in the pit of my stomach again, just like when he kissed me.

"I'm not going to leave you or Emma. I want a family. I want you, Nora." He told me and I blinked a few times, before snorting.
"What?" He frowned.

"You couldn't stand a week without your booty calls, please Elijah. Don't do this." I said and he scoffed.
"The fuck? I haven't had sex in over a month!" He said and I pinched him.
"Don't swear around Emma." I hissed.

"She's not here." He rubbed the sore spot and pouted. My face softened.
"Elijah, please. Don't do this." I begged him.
"I am not a player. I changed as soon as I found out about Emma. I want to be with you guys, not only with her. Why are you so scared?" He asked and I shook my head.

"What if one day, and I know this will happen. What if one day you see a woman and think: Damn I haven't had a booty call in so long. And then cheat on me." I asked and he glared at me.
"I wouldn't cheat on you, Nora. Never. You know that, don't act like you don't." He growled.

"How would I know that? All you ever did was fool around with girls. I heard you, you know. And I despised you for that. Don't you have any shame?" I pushed him again and this time he stumbled back. Guess I caught him off guard.

"Nora-"
"No! I don't want to be with someone like you. You will only hurt me. I know guys like you! You'll get bored and then cheat on me!" I yelled and he gripped my elbow tight.
"Guys like me? I'm not like that, Nora. I never had a reason to stay with a woman, because they all just wanted my money and I realized that after a few days." He said and I frowned in confusion.

"They always wanted gifts and what not. Would you stay with somebody like that? Nora, you're not like that. Even if we didn't have a daughter, I would stay with you. I would never cheat on you. I'll prove it to you. Let me prove it, Nora. Give me a bloody chance." He said, panting hard.

"But I have Richard-"
"To hell with Richard. Who is that guy anyways and why aren't you scared he'll cheat on you?" He asked enraged and I shrugged.
"He's a lawyer, he's boring." I admitted and he blinked a few times.

"A lawyer? How in the world did you find a lawyer for yourself?" He asked.
"We met at a friend's gathering." I shrugged and he shook his head.
"To hell with that lawyer. I can be boring too. What do you want me to do? I swear I'll read books and wear glasses if you want me to, Nora." He begged and I had to bite my cheeks from laughing.

"I can read, you know." He saw that I was amused by that and I chuckled when he said that.

"Elijah-"
"Please Nora. I want to be with you. Why not try with Emma's real dad, than some stupid guy, who probably doesn't even know how to handle children." He placed his forehead on mine and I closed my eyes.

"You will leave me, get bored. I'm boring, Elijah. I read and drink tea. I hate parties and only drink when I feel bad. I wear sweatpants instead of dresses and love my child more than anybody else." I argued, my eyes still closed. I felt his nose nuzzle mine.

"I want that. I want you. I want everything about you. I'll wear sweatpants with you, love our child as much as you do and be with you. I am safe, Nora. I swear to you, I am." He whispered and I sighed. I really want to believe him.

"You said I couldn't love you, but I can. I know I can, because you're an amazing woman and even though you put that huge wall up to push me away, I like you. I like you a lot." He continued and I opened my eyes to see his eyes closed.

"Nora, I need you to trust me. Trust me this once and if I fuck up, which of course I won't, you can kill me. Take a gun and shoot me right in the head." I gasped and he opened his eyes, smirking down at me.
"Don't say that."

"I'm serious. Because if I ever even think about cheating on you and fucking this up, there must be something wrong in my head anyways, baby." He said and my heart stopped at the nickname.
"Elijah." I whispered, looking him deep into his eyes.

"Nora." He said back and I sighed, before looking away.
"One." I whispered and his breath hitched.
"What?" He asked, almost inaudible.

"One chance and-" His lips interrupted me once again and I felt myself grip his shirt for support. The intensity of his kiss was too much and he seemed to notice, because he held me tighter. Oh good Lord.

"One chance is all I need, Nora." He said against my mouth, smiling. He gave me another peck and I almost forgot that we had a daughter until we heard a loud noise. We quickly ran into the dining room and saw the empty bowl along with the spoon on the ground.

"She really is my daughter." Elijah chuckled.