18 - End of the Road

A/N: I just really love that song.

Weeks passed and life was finally under control again. I was still working for Elijah, even though we started dating. We kept it professional at work and I was glad. Emma met her second pair of grandparents and loved them too.

Elijah's mom, Nina was surprised at how much Emma actually looked like her. I saw a few baby pictures of Nina and was shocked. They could've been twins. I also met the rest of his family, meaning his dad, who looks just like an older version of Elijah and his brother, who looks like a male version of his mother.

It was awkward for me in the beginning, since I was sure they hated me for keeping Emma away from them. But Elijah told me he explained my reasons and they have welcomed me and Emma with open arms.

"Are you even listening?" I heard him say and shook my head, away from my happy thoughts.
"Sorry, what were you saying?" I asked Elijah, who was seated in front of me. We always spent our breaks together.

"I was asking what we're going to do for Emma's birthday? She has been talking a lot about those girls in her kindergarten. I think we should invite them." He said and I raised an eyebrow.
"You think? I was more thinking about a party with the family." I said and he shrugged.

"We could do that too." I nodded.
"Alright, if we're going to plan a birthday party with her friends, then we should start writing invitations now, since her birthday is in eight days." I said and started opening word on my computer.

"Did I tell you how glad I am to have you?" He randomly said and I looked at him with a small smile.
"About a hundred times." I said. I wasn't joking. He told me how happy he was about the fact that I was giving him a chance and so far he was doing great.

"I really couldn't recognize you when you were acting all cold and rude. I'm glad you came home drunk." He smirked and I rolled my eyes.
"Elijah, don't start again." I said and he chuckled.

"Okay. By the way, you know what day today is." He said, making me think about it.
"No?" I knew it wasn't his birthday and mine neither.
"Really? You don't remember the task you gave me four weeks ago?" He asked and I shook my head.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.
"I had to proof to you that I wasn't just in for the sex. It's been a month." My eyes widened and he chuckled again.
"No, I'm pretty sure that wasn't a month." I blushed.

"Yes, yes it was. I put it in my calendar." He said, standing up and walking around my work desk.
"Elijah-" I said, but he shushed me.

"Nora, even though it's been a month and I would love to feel myself inside you again. I won't force you. You clearly don't want to have sex with me yet and I respect that. I'm not just in for your body." He took my hand in his.

I was speechless when I looked at his loving face. He was amazing and I hate myself for doubting him and putting him through all that drama.
"I'm so thankful for you, Elijah. I'm sorry for ever doubting you and calling you names." I said and he frowned.

"You never really called me names." He said and I shrugged.
"In my head I did." He chuckled at that and kissed my cheek.
"I still have work to do, we'll talk after." He said and I nodded, watching him leave.

I smiled when he winked at me, before leaving our attached door wide open and settling down on his desk. That door was never closed when we were in our offices now. You'd think we'd get fed up with each other, but we don't.

I love working with him and seeing him pull faces every once in a while. After work he always stays with me, so he practically moved in already. Emma calls him dad now and it feels like we're a happy family. Nothing could ruin that for us.

After work we got home and I went into the shower whilst Elijah took care of Emma. That was our daily routine. I would shower, whilst he kept an eye on her, then I'd cook dinner whilst he showers and we'd eat together. Afterwards we'd bathe Emma and tuck her in. Sometimes Elijah even read something to her, if she wasn't that tired.

She was tired today, so we didn't have to read her something and she fell right asleep. I kissed Elijah and fell down on my bed. I don't know why I was this exhausted, but I was. Elijah chuckled and I felt the bed dip.

"What got you so tired?" He asked and I shrugged, too lazy to open my mouth. I felt his hand on my back and soon he started massaging me. I moaned and he chuckled at that. I love him- My eyes widened. Did I really just think that?

I quickly turned around and sat up, surprising him. He looked at me in confusion and blinked, before sitting up straight as well.
"What is it? Didn't you like the massage?" He asked with a gulp.

"Why would you say that?" I asked and he frowned even harder.
"Well, you look like something bad happened. I'm sorry, I-"
"Oh, no. I'm sorry, I just thought about something." I dismissed and he breathed out in relieve.

"You wanna talk about it?" He asked and I shook my head, making him nod.
"Okay." He looked down, probably disappointed.
"It's not like I don't want to tell you. It's just, I don't think I'm ready yet." I said, blushing.

"What?" He scooted closer to me with a raised eyebrow.
"Nothing, Elijah. Don't worry." I caressed his cheek with my finger and he closed his eyes, smiling softly.

"Alright, let me take care of you, Nora. Lay down, relax." He ordered and I obeyed.
"Thank you, Elijah." I said, making him kiss my mouth.
"You're welcome." He breathed out against my lips.

Man, I really love this guy.