Ch.10: Magicians-Full Time Suckers

"They're magicians. I can handle nerds in capes." Ashley told Dean. "I wont even leave the motel room. I just wanna go somewhere," She begged. "Mmm...No." "I'm not even allowed to go to school. I take school online. The only human interactions I have are with you people." "You people?" "You know what I mean." She gave him the best puppy dog eyes she could muster. "Whatever. Just if you're not in the car in 10 minutes, we're leaving you."  She silently cheered while running to grab her stuff.

"This, this isn't a trick, okay? I, I, I don't do tricks. This is a demonstration-" Some random guy wearing guyliner started to preach as Ashley went to throw her trash away. "-about demons and angels, love and lust-"  "What a douchebag."  Dean mutter from a few feet away. Both him and Sam were in suits while Ashley was in grey sweat pants, a white tank top, and an olive color flannel shirt, which she left unbuttoned. Her hair was in a simple side braid. "-all that stuff mixed up in my head. But whatever happens, no matter how messed up it gets, don't touch me, okay? For your own safety. But you can touch me later, sweetheart." He said when he made eye contact with her, winking. Dean made his way over to Ashley, standing halfway in front of her, crossing his arms in front of his chest.When Jeb saw Dean, he went back to his show. Guyliner then dramatically inhaled. When he exhaled, he did an imitation of a seizure. With one hand he grabs for the cards in his other hand and scatters them, flinging them in the direction of the window behind him. "Go back to hell, demon!" He yelled, making Ashley raise her eyebrows. Is this guy for serious? Jeb ran his hand over the card that stuck to the window, "Is this your card?" Everyone in the crowd applause except the 3 Winchesters. "You've got to be kidding me. A fake demon possession?" Dean exclaimed. before we decided to walk away. "I can't believe people actually fall for that crap."  "It's not all crap." Sam defended. "What part of that was not a steaming pile of BS?"  "Okay, that was crap, but that's not all magicians. It takes skill."  "Oh, right, right, I forgot. You were actually into this stuff, weren't you?" "Wait, seriously?"  "Yeah. I mean, he had, he had, like a deck of cards and a wand." Dean told Ashley "Dude, I was thirteen. It was a phase." He was clearly embarrassed. "Just—it bugs me. You know, playing at demons and, and magic, when the real thing will kill you bloody."  "Like a guy who drops dead of ten stab wounds without a single tear in his shirt?"  "That's what I'm talking about." 

Ashley sat in the motel room, getting ready to head out. Sam and Dean left to do their thing, telling her to stay in the room. She finally got dressed in a loose black and white AC/DC tank top, black faux leather leggings, and her favorite olive colored flannel around her waist. After she shoved her black high top converse on her feet, she grabbed her phone and her wallet, leaving the room. They'd be fine with you leaving, she told herself, you're just getting food.

She sat in the diner, reading the comics of an old newspaper as she slowly ate her food. "They suck!" She heard a young man groan, making her look up. The teen had dark hair with even darker eyes.  When his eyes met hers, she quickly looked away, her face reddening. She felt someone continue to stare as she ate. Her focus was torn away by her phone buzzing. "Yeah?" She answered.  "We're on our way back. You want something to eat?" Sam asked. "No, I'm good. But I'll see you when you get back." She said before hanging up. As she stood up and threw money on the table, she never once felt the person take their eyes off of her. When she finally looked to see who was looking at her, she saw the teen, still at the table with people who were slightly older than him. They stared at each other for a couple minutes, but Ashley quickly became uncomfortable and left the diner, making her way back to the motel. She quickly hurried into her room, taking off her shoes and turned on the TV as she heard the Impala pull up to the parking lot. They boys immediately got to work, researching on Jay. As they talked, Ashley could hear every word they said, so she turned up the TV.  "Hey, turn that down." Dean said, bursting in the door. She nodded, getting up to go turn it down, but she stopped when she saw her reflection. "Ashley?" He asked when she stopped moving. Her face paled and all color left her eyes.