Ch.13: Bacon Cheeseburgers With A Side Of Prophets

Ashley sat on the floor, leaning against the motel bed. "This is freakin' insane. How's this guy know all this stuff?" Dean asked, putting the book by Carver Edlund down. All books about the Winchesters. "You got me."  "Everything is in here. I mean everything. From the to – to me having sex. I'm full-frontal in here, dude."  "First of all, that's nasty. Second of all, seriously. That's fucking nasty." Ashley butted in, putting her sketch book down. "How come we haven't heard of them before?" Dean asked, walking to Sam, who was on his laptop. "They're pretty obscure. I mean, almost zero circulation. Uh, started in '05. The publisher put out a couple dozen before going bankrupt. And, uh, the last one 'No Rest For The Wicked', ends with you going to hell." Sam explained. "I reiterate. Freaking insane. Check it out. There's actually fans."  "God knows why." Ashley muttered. "There's not many of them, but still. Did you read this?"  "Yeah."  "Although for fans, they sure do complain a lot. Listen to this – Simpatico says 'the demon story line is trite, clichéd, and overall craptastic.' Yeah, well, screw you, Simpatico. We lived it." Ashley laughed at Simpatico's comment. "Yeah. Well, keep on reading. It gets better."  "There are 'Sam girls' and 'Dean girls' and – what's a 'slash fan'?"  "As in... Sam-slash-Dean. Together." Ashley told them. "Like, together together?" Dean asked. "Yeah."  "They do know we're brothers, right?"  "Doesn't seem to matter."  "Oh, come on. That... That's just sick." He shut the laptop in disgust, "We got to find this Carver Edlund."  "Yeah, that might not be so easy."  "Why not?" Ashley asked. "No tax records, no known address. Looks like 'Carver Edlund' is a pen name."  "Somebody's gotta know who he is."  "How about we leave this weird incest crap here and go get food? I'm starving." Ashley suggested. The boys agreed.

Ashley sat in the backseat, her head pounding. The boys finally came out of the publishers, "We got the address." Ashley didn't say anything as she continued to hold her pounding head. "I thought Pamela said these were suppose to get better." Dean said. "Well I can breathe, so it's obviously getting better." She snapped. "Touchy." Dean joked, making Ashley glare at him. Ashley closed her eyes to see a man in his boxers, undershirt, and a nasty bathrobe. He shoved a slice of pizza in his mouth, being surrounded by the sound of a printer. He pulled the pages from the printer, clearing his throat. "We're here." Sam said, making Ashley open her eyes. "Sam and Dean approached the run-down..." She stopped. "...approached the ramshackle house with trepidation." She spoke. "What-what is all of this?" Dean asked her. "I dunno. It's running through my head, so I'm just gonna say it." She shrugged. "Did they really want to learn the secrets that lay beyond that door?" She asked as they got out. "Sam and Dean traded soulful looks." She said, making Sam and Dean look at each other. "Then, with determination, Dean pushed the doorbell with forceful... determination." She awkwardly finished. "You good now?" Dean asked. "Yeah, it's gone." She said as Dean pushed the doorbell. "Crap. I'll be right back." Ashley said, heading back to the car. She looked around for her phone, knowing she was about to miss a call. Once she had her hand on her phone, it started to ring. "What's up, ma homie?" She answered. "Just checking in. Whatcha doing?" Joseph asked. Ashley looked over to the house, seeing Dean push himself into the house, followed by Sam. "Just hanging out. You?"  "Looking for a new hunt, but coming up with nothing."  "Sucky. Maybe you should just come and save me from this boredom." She suggested. "Well I could use a break for a while." He said. "Really?" She smiled. "No. Who'd wanna hang out with your boring ass?" He joked. "Okay. Since I'm so boring, I guess I should hang up." She also joked. "No!" He yelled through the phone, making her laugh. She looked over to see Sam and Dean along with the man from her vision coming outside. "I've gotta go. I'll call you back later." She hung up just as Dean opened the trunk, displaying the arsenal, "Are those real guns?" Chuck asked. "Yup. This is real rock salt, these are real fake IDs."  "Well, I got to hand it to you guys. You really are my number one fans. That's, that's awesome. So, I-I think I've got some posters in the house." He was still very nervous. "Chuck, stop."  "Please. Wait. Please, don't hurt me."  "How much do you know? Do you know about the angels? Or Lilith breaking the seals?"  "Wait a minute. How do you know about that?"  "The question is how do you."  "Because I wrote it?"  "You kept writing?" Ashley asked. "Yeah, even after the publisher went bankrupt, but those books never came out. Okay, wait a minute. This is some kind of joke, right? Did that – Did Phil put you up to this?"  "Well, nice to meet you. I'm Dean Winchester, and this is my brother, Sam, and my daughter Ashley."  "The last names were never in the books. I never told anybody about that. I never even wrote that down."