Chapter Nineteen

Sam's P.O.V

"Fine, you can borrow my apartment for the night" I rolled my eyes, my hands around my Rover's steering wheel. "Why do you need it, anyhow?"

It was six o'clock and I was driving in Queens to Sugar and Spice. I had made a reservation as soon as Andrea told me that I would be performing at the strip joint in Queens.

"Well your place is closer to Bare Essentials" Andrea explained, "and mines out in Queens which makes it hard to bring guys home"

"Don't fuck in my bed" I ordered. "Anywhere but my bed"

"Sorry, no promises, girly," she said as I parked my car in front of the restaurant.

"What's so special about this guy, anyway?" I cocked a brow.

My cellphone is pressed against my ear as I take my red purse and slam the car door shut. My lips are stretched to a smile when my eyes focus on the front doors of the restaurant.

"I don't know he's...different" she admitted while I walk through the doors and approach the front desk.

"Hi, I have a reservation under the name Carlton for six pm," I told the man who stood behind the desk.

He looked down at his book before nodding "right this way ma'am"

"Does he know that you're a stripper?" I asked Andrea while following the man to the centre of the restaurant.

I take a seat at the table that the man directed me too. Opening the menu slowly, my eyes exam the list of dishes.

"How do you think we met?" She laughed, "I gave him a lap dance and we found that we had a lot in common"

"So you talk to the guys that you give lap dances? See I just steal from them" I  smirked.

"Ready to order?" A voice asked from in front of me.

I looked up to find a blond-haired waitress with a wide smile.

"A pizza with smoked salmon and Caviar, thanks" I ordered.

"I wish I had your guts Kitti" Andrea admitted, "and seriously, you're getting that pizza with salmon shit, again! Too afraid to try anything new, huh?"

I rolled my eyes. "Don't you have a guy to seduce?"

"Yes, actually, thanks for reminding me" she responded, "see ya, girl"

"Bye, Andy" I ended the call.

Andrea's words about being afraid of change were on a loop in my head all through dinner. I've always been afraid of change. The freedom I was given throughout my life was limited. All I ever knew was a small confined cage, the world appeared so big in comparison, it can be scary trying to navigate something so big when all you're used to is living so small.

When my wristwatch read eight o'clock, I left the restaurant. I jumped into my Range Rover Evoque and drove off to the strip club that I would be performing at. When I entered the club, the first thing that I noticed was how different the club was to Bare Essentials. There were more polls and stages then there were back home, that I liked. The men seemed different in Queens, most were literally drooling over these women's boobs.

"Hey there, Kitti" a familiar voice greeted.

I turned around to see a woman that I recognized well, she had long blond curly hair and bright blue eyes. She wore a bright yellow bra, metallic pink thong and a fishnet crop top.

"Carla!" I cried, wrapping my arms around her tightly, "how you been?"

Carla was a friend of mine from Bare Essentials but transferred here to Queens about six months earlier.