Chapter Twenty-Nine

Sam's P.O.V

It was 2012 when I was working full time at the bar with Dylan and Bobby. At this point, I wasn't dating either one. I remember that night in May. It was the last time that I had seen Matt until tonight.

It was around six o'clock when I started my shift with Bobby and Dylan. Andrea was there too, she got a day off so she wanted to tell me all about the new manager of Bare Essentials.

"So he's 6'2 and comes up to an eight" Andrea starts.

"An eight?" Bobby questions.

"On the hot scale" she informed him.

"But how does he treat my girls?" I asked the important question.

"Like dirt but that's not the point" Andrea laughed. "The point is that he's a total babe...hotter than Heath"

"But Health treated us with respect" I reminded her from behind the bar.

"This guy is so hot that he can treat me like dirt whenever he wants" she grinned.

"So I take it that you're not a feminist than" Dylan cocked a brow while pouring her a drink.

"I'm a stripper, Dylan" Andrea reminded him, "what do you think?"

I laughed as Dylan responded with "strippers can be feminists"

Andrea ignored him, directing her eyes on me while I wiped down the counter top.

"Do you miss the life?" She asked me.

I didn't need to think of an answer. The truth was that the only thing that I really liked about stripping was the freedom it gave me. For the first time in my life, I felt like I had control.

"You mean taking my clothes of for money and performing erotic dancers for men? Yeah not really" I admitted.

"But you did enjoy it right?" Bobby questioned.

"I'm going to sleep with him" Andrea told us. "And real soon"

"Who haven't you slept with?" I folded my arms.

"I'm lookin' at them" she laughed while directing her gaze at Dylan and Bobby.

"Did you sleep with Heath?" I asked casually, deep down begging she hadn't.

"Who Heath?" She grinned, raising her eyebrows up and down.

"Did you or didn't you?" I asked again but she just continued to grin before taking a shot.

Who am I kidding, of course she did.

"Have you heard from him by the way?" Dylan asked.

"Bourbon" a familiar voice told Bobby.

"Come on, man, calm down" another familiar voice begged.

My heart sank. No it can't be them.

When I turned around, I found Ashley with Noah and Matt. I just stood there, frozen, Unable to move a muscle.

"Sam" Ashley gasped when she locked eyes with me.

I hadn't seen Ashley and Noah since I left Chicago.

"And my day just keeps getting better and better" Matt screamed before guzzling down his Bourbon.

"Hey, slow down" Noah ordered.

"I'll have another" Matt told Bobby who just there fearfully. "What are ya deaf?"

"Don't talk to him like that" I said calmly while Dylan and Andrea just observe.

"What are you fucking him or something?" Matt reverted his gaze to me. I didn't respond. "You are, aren't you? You know you're wasting your time, pal" he looks to Bobby who pours him another drink, "she fucks everyone! She's a fucking slut!" He guzzles down his next drink.