Epilogue

I walked around the apartment one last time to make sure things were in their right place. When Megan knew we were having company she was extremely particular about what the apartment looked like. So while she had disappeared to her last class of the day I cleaned up and finished cooking what she had started before leaving.

Not only was Shawn coming visit but so was Blair, who was also bringing her boyfriend. I hadn't met the guy yet, but from what Blair told me he was basically perfect.

It had been about half a year since graduation. Megan and I had moved to Mizzou just like we had planned. Blair had also earned a full ride to the same university and was now living on campus in the dorms, which was about a five-minute walk from my place. Shawn was still working out of St. Louis and living in Baldwin, but was now planning on moving to Tampa, Florida to accept another promotion.

And now Megan and Blair's first semester was quickly coming to a close, calling for a small celebration.

Then I heard a key in the front door, indicating Megan was home from class.

She walked in and spotted me, removing her heavy coat. "Last day of classes; complete."

I approached her and snaked my arms around her waist. "Relieved?"

"For the most part. Until finals of course."

Our lips met and everything lit up. This was one of the many things I had never quite gotten used to. The way I felt when Megan touched me, or kissed me, or did anything really. It never faded. It was always strong. Always consistent.

Before we could get carried away the oven beeped, puling us apart. And as if on cue there was a knock on the door.

I sighed. "It's weird that Blair's actually early."

"She's nervous."

"It's her boyfriend that should be nervous," I suggested, walking over to the door to let them in.

When I opened the door Blair barged in, nearly knocking me over.

"Jesus, let us in. Its freezing out here!" she complained.

"Well hey to you too," I answered, turning my attention to the new face. "Hi, I'm Sam."

"Anthony." He gave me a dazzling smile. "But call me Tony."

Before I could close the door Shawn was running up to our door from the parking lot. I held it open and shut it behind him once he was inside.

I watched the introductions from afar and admired the way we all seemed so at ease around each other. Things couldn't get much better, could it?

We dished out dinner and gathered at our dining table, Shawn striking up conversation just like always.

"So mom and dad want to know if Megan's coming over for Christmas," he revealed. "They've heard all about her and are fed up with waiting."

I looked at Megan. "What do you think?"

"I'd love to meet your family," she answered. "Considering you met mine a year ago."

I sighed. "Yeah well, it's different this time."

"Yeah, you two are like... a thing now or something," Blair joked.

I kicked her under the table.

"Ouch," she whined. "It was a joke."

"So Tony," I started. "How much did Blair pay you to be here?"

Blair scoffed as everyone else laughed.

He leaned over and rubbed Blair's leg. "Just a few hundred."