2. HER Presence

Part-2

"Stop" Manik shouted and the car immediately stopped.He still felt her presence in the air.His heart is not ready to accept that she is far away from him.He got down the car and took his steps towards the crowd and made his way to see the lady.

Only god knows how much he prayed that it should not be her.But his heart stopped when he saw HER.His eyes filled with tears instantly and his legs shivered to take a step forward.But,having no other option other than being strong he went towards her who was lying lifelessly while her surroundings are gossiping about her.
She was in a pale saree and anyone couls easily tell that she is really weak by seeing her body.He wiped his tears and checked her pulse with trembling hands.
He got his breath back after feeling her pulse under his fingers.He immediately scooped her in his arms and ran towards the hospital.
"Sir,what's your name..??" Nurse asked having a form in her hand while the stretcher moved forward to the doctor.
"Manik Malhotra.." He answered and his eyes are sticked to the stretcher.
"And patient's name sir..??" She asked again.
"Nan...NANDINI..."He answered with shaky voice.
"Nandini Malhotra.." Nurse repeated the name while writing and Manik just stared at her but didn't stop her.
He so wanted his love to tag his first name but destiny had its own ways and he lost that love.
He sat helplessly while the doctor was examining her.
"She is too weak...She needs complete rest.." All Manik could understand from doctor is these two lines.
"Can I...Can I see her..??" He asked slowly.
Doctor nodded and he took his steps towards the room.
"I never thought I'd see u like this..I thiought u would be happy...after leaving me...but...what she is doing alone...that too in Mumbai...where is her husband...why is she so weak...and..." His mind started throwing questions to which even he don't know the answers and then his eyes fell on her feet which have some brown marks.
Tears dropped from his eyes seeing his love and he hesitatingly touched her feet.
She slowly opened her heavy eyes and saw the blurr image in front of her eyes.
Within no time,she started shivering at her place.
"Pl..please...I'm so..sorry...pleaaase..let..let me go..."She started repeating the words with the left over energy.
Manik was shocked with the words as he couldn't understand why she is asking him to leave her.He slowly moved forward and touched her forehead.
"Nandini...It's me Manik...see...shhh...relax...See I'm Manik..." He said moving close to her and then she figured out the blurr image.
"Ma..Manik..."She called his name weakly yet surprisingly.

Next part based on your comments and votes...