14. THEIR Moments

Part -14

For few days, he kept on hallucinating her and became monstrous than expected. Taking it as chance, Nandini's parents took him to the same doctor aunty and actually his mental state is deteriorating.

Even the doctor aunty got shocked seeing his mental state. She asked them to take him to the psychiatrist and he recommended him the mental asylum for few months.

Nandini was sleeping on the bed while Manik was staring at her blankly having tears in his eyes.

He moved and sat on the couch still staring at her.He just closed his eyes and leaned his head back.

"Please....I'm sorrry...please...don't" She started shivering and panicking in her sleep and Manik immediately ran towards her and held her hand.

"Nandini...Nandini....open ur eyes....kuch nahi hua...look at me...I'm here...it's me Manik...." He said rubbing her hand trying to wake her up.

She sat suddenly and opened her eyes and examined the surroundings. Manik side hugged her saying "Shhh...chup...kuch nahi hua...u r safe here..."
He calmed her down and made her sleep again.
After 15 minutes he came out to the balcony and those tears which he was stopping to be strong made it's way out.

"How....How can I remove those nightmares Nandu....!!!" He asked himself while wiping his tears.

"With ur love..." An answer came from behind.
He turned to see the person and it is none other than his best buddy Cabir.

"Cabir..." He said slowly.
"Ha Manik...she can only be healed by ur love...The love which u left 2 years back..."Cabir answered.
Manik again stared at Cabir and at Nandini whose body has all her past MARKS.

Manik just closed his eyes helplessly and the traces of his past came in front of his eyes.

"What are you thinking Manik...??" Cabir asked placing his hand on Manik's shoulder.

"I donno..." He replied slowly.

"You love her right..??" Cabir asked and Manik silently looked at his face while Cabir understood his silence.

"Manik...listen to me...There is no use of hurting yourself after all you have done to save her..." Cabir started.

"Exactly Cabir...She shouldn't think that I'm taking advantage of her situation and I don't know...after all she has faced, will she ever be able to love me...all over again...?? She shouldn't accept my love just because I helped her..." Manik interrupted.

"I can understand Manik...But what next...??" Cabir asked.

"Let's wait and see how it goes..." Manik said and saw Nandini waking up.

He went beside her immediately and asked whether she is fine. She nodded.

"Hope everything goes well.." Cabir prayed and left.

At night,

Manik took the plate of dinner and opened Nandini's room door and found it dark. He heard sobbing sound and switched on the light. He panicked seeing Nandini sitting down, leaning to the bed and crying while hugging her knees. He ran towards her and touched her arm, calling out her name but she freaked out.

"I know I'm a burden Manik...I troubled you a lot....Even after hurting you so badly, you still helped me...You saved me from everything...But...what if he comes back...?? What he finds the truth...?? I can't go back Manik...and...and neither I can trouble you even more...there's no solution to my problem...It will go only after my demise...I'll die without troubling anyone.." She blabbered continuously.

"Kya baath kar rahi ho...?? Thappad maarunga kheench ke..." He said in anger making her shiver seeing his raised hand.

The very second he realized what he has done and saw her state.

"I'm sorry...I'm sorry Nandini..." He said while wiping her tears.

"Aap bhi...Aryaman jaisa baath kar rahe ho..." She said between her sobs.

He felt bad and immediately took her into his embrace while she surrendered and felt good in his protective arms.

She knew that he will never leave her, no matter what happens. She trusts his love but not her fate.

They hugged for some time till the time she felt comfortable and he wiped his tears before breaking the hug.

"Nandini..never ever think you are burden or you are troubling me or something...Please...and forget about that rogue Nandini..come out of it..." Manik said while taking her into side hug and she placed her head on his heart.

"Itna aasaan nahi hai Manik..." She said slowly.

"Patha hai mujhe...But atleast you can try na...Don't get stuck at any moment of your life...You should just move on..." Manik said while making her eat.

"Have you moved on...??" She asked making him shock.

He became silent for a moment and answered "Atleast I tried..."

"But...Did you..??" She asked again.

"Beautiful memories cannot be erased but worst memories can...Aryaman is just a nightmare in your life...Just wake up from that sleep and forget it..I know it's not that easy...But it's not that difficult too....Try Nandini..I'll help you..I'll be there with you.." He said wiping her mouth with the tissue and making her sit on bed.

"Take rest.." He said while moving out.

"Kyun Manik...??" She asked while he was about to leave.

"Huh..??" He turned back.

"Kyun kar rahe ho yeh sab....Why..???" She asked with a glint of hope in her eyes.

He took a moment of silence.

"Because..." Manik stepped forward.

"Because..." She asked.

"STILL I LOVE YOU..." He spoke his heart out this time freezing the moment for both of them all over again.

Ignore mistakes...

Next part will be the last...

Hope to see you soon...