4. HER Pain

Part-4

At night,Manik took dinner to her room while she was still sleeping. He slightly placed his hand on her cheeks and called "Nandini" slowly.But she didn't respond.So he slightly patted her cheeks and called again.Then she slowly opened her eyes to see him smiling lightly.
"Dinner...eat and sleep na.." He said and she tried to get up and he helped her doing so.He passed the bowl of soup and plate of rice and she slowly started eating.He just observed her face because watching her is the most peaceful thing he can ever do.He has already spent many years watching her and he can also spend his lifetime watching her. She lifted her head up to see him and he again smiled silently.
Meanwhile,his phone rang and it was from his parents.He excused himself and went to attend the call.She slowly completed eating.By the time,he finished his call and came back,she is not there in the room.
"Where did she go..??" He thought and searched in the washroom.Unable to find her,he came out of the room and there he saw her cleaning her plate.
"Nandini...what are u doing...?? Leave it..."He said taking the plate from her.
"Nahi Manik...I'm used to do this work...It's ok.."She said and tried to take the plate.
"No it's not ok Nandini...now u just come with me...take ur medicines and sleep now...There are servants to do all these things yaar..."He said and pulled her out of the kitchen.
He made her sit on the couch and brought her medicines.
"Aapke ghar mein servants hai..???" She asked slowly while taking medicines.
"Haa...why u r asking like that...??" He asked in a confused manner.
"Because we don't have any.."She said slowly.

FLASHBACK

After a terrified morning,she calmed herself down and came down to see her husband reading newspaper as if nothing has happened.
She prepared coffee for him and handed over to him with a weak smile.
Arya- Nandini...u haven't said whether u liked the house or not...?
She went into the kitchen to prepare breakfast and smiled a little listening his question.
Nan- Ha it's so beautiful and silent...There is so much peace over here...bas ek servant honge toh we can manage...
She answered doing something and he suddenly came and held her arm to make her hiss in pain.
Arya- what did u say...??? Servant...??
Nan- wo...mein...bas...
She stammered in fear as she don't know the reason of his anger now.
Arya- why...?? Why u want a servant...?? Ur hands and legs are fine...Ha...Now I understand...after I leave for office,u can talk with him and make fun with him..or u may run with him one day..right..??
She was shocked to the core listening him as no girl expects this on her first day of marriage.
Nan- yeh kya baatein kar rahe ho aap ..??
She said with tears trying to free herself.But he held her even more tighter and said "Listen Nandu...There will be no one here around..only u and me...I don't want anyone between us...and coming to these household work and all,I know that u won't risk urself by keeping the work pending...and let me tell u...I need everything clean and neat in it's place..Samjhi..??"
"Jii" She said and he left for office not before having breakfast from her hands.

FLASHBACK ENDS.

She ended narrating the incident with a fake smile but his eyes filled with tears and he immediately wiped them off.
Ma- Relax Nandini...u r free here...take a deep breath...
He tried to change the topic and she too tried to force a smile.
Ma- Acha come on...u might be bored of sitting in this house itself...come we'll go to the lawn and have some fresh air...
And that's it,she started shivering again hearing him.
Ma- Nandini what happened...?? Sshhh relax...I just said lawn...
Nan- La..lawn...nahi...he'll again...no...plzz...
She started sweating badly and he just took her hands in his and said "Ssh...calm down...plz calm down...acha tell me...what happened..??share it with me..." 
Nan- One day...when I felt bored in the house...I went to the lawn for a walk...
She started in between her sobs.

FLASHBACK

She enjoyed the weather and cool air which touched her and the flowers which smiled at her.
After having a fresh evening,she came back and saw her husband Aryaman was waiting for her with a frown on his face.
"Aap kab aaye..??" She asked with a bright smile and he immediately stood up and went to her.
"Where were u..??"He asked sternly.
Her smile faded but she answered "wo..actually..I got bored...so I went for a walk in the lawn.."
He took a deep breath and said cubing her face "Bathaa kar jaana tha na...u know when I came back,I wanna see u...I was so worried..."
He kissed her forehead and she got very happy seeing his love.
"Sorry..."She said looking at his eyes.
"It's ok.." He said and smiled a little.
"Mein pani le kar aathi hu..."She said and was about to go.
"Arey listen...u r tired na...u sit...I'll get u water..." He said and she smiled seeing him.
After a moment,her eyes widened with shock seeing him coming with a big vessel of water which is uttering flames due to heat.
"Yeh...kya..."She was about to ask but he placed the vessel on th floor and said "U are very tired na...u'll get relaxed...by dipping ur feet in this..."
She was hell shocked listening him and stammered "par...Aryaman...it is very hot..."
"Shhh...come on Nandu...don't waste time...dip ur feet now..."He said coldly.
She nodded her head in a no slowly while tears brimmed in her eyes.
"Come on..." He said even more sternly to which she shivered.She lifted her leg up and touched the water with her thumb and shrieked "Bahut hot hai...plz..."
"Ha...now...put ur two feet...quick..."He ordered.
"No...plz...bahut garam hai..."She pleaded.
"I said put ur damn feet in it...I won't repeat Nandu..." He said with anger filled eyes.But still she pleaded.He got irritated and took her feet and kept in the water saying "Next time remember this while stepping out of this house without my permission..." while she shrieked on top of her voice.

FLASHBACK ENDS.

Manik just closed his eyes because he can't even imagine the pain she has gone through.Silent tears came out of his eyes and he just side hugged her assuring that "He is there with her" and she was still sobbing.
He composed himself just to pacify her and said "Nandini...look at me...u r far away from him...no need to worry about it...Come let's go..."
She again nodded in a no.
"Nandini...listen to me...let's just erase the old memories and make new ones...please...trust me..."He convinced her and took her to the lawn while she clutched his hand holding his shoulder.
Never ever in his dreams,he thought that the cheerful Nandini he knew would turn out like that.It did hurt him but all he did is to gather himself and be strong for her.
After good 15mins,she started feeling the fresh air and the grip on his hand got loosened.He looked at her eyes which are now shining a little.Then her eyes fell on the swing in the lawn but she didn't say anything.
"Nandini...come...let's swing..."He said as if he read her heart.
She smiled a little and went with him.He made her sit and moved the swing from behind.Her heart felt very light after sharing with him.After all he is her first love.
After enough of having fresh air,Manik made sure that she is fine by now.
"Nandini...it's too late...u need some rest...chale..??" He asked and she nodded.
He carefully took her to bed and was about to leave but she held his hand.
"Please sit for a while.." She said slowly and he smiled and nodded.
He sat beside her and slowly stroke her hair and she drifted to sleep.
He then stood to leave but came back and sat on the floor at her legs and looked at her feet.
He touched them lightly and placed his lips on her feet just like a father does to his new-born child.
Feeling his soft lips,the frown on her forehead vanished unknowingly.He noticed this and smiled in heart.

No bashing plz...
70th position in short story...
Thank you so much...
Keep supporting...
So as u guys know my target, go for it...:P
50+ votes and 15+ comments for next update...
Out of 150 followers,can't I expect 50+ votes...????