8. HER Loss

Manik went to his room and sat leaning his back to the bed post and closed his eyes, while Nandini sat like that for a while in the living room and closed her eyes just to remember that day when she have seen his so called LOVE.

FLASHBACK
Arya- Say something Nandu...
Nan- Aryaman...trust me...I'm not cheating u...I left my past that day when I married u...plz give me one chance...I'll prove myself...
She said slowly and he took a deep breath.
Arya- ok..if that what u wants..then...I'm giving u this whole day...Take the car if u need and...don't make me regret my decision of freeing u..
She smiled a little and got ready.
"I won't make u regret.." She thought and made her mind to make that day special for both of them. He went to office and was checking her through the secret cameras he has fixed in the whole house. She prepared his favorite dishes and thought of buying a gift for him. So she went out taking the car while the driver took her to the place she wanted to.
She bought a pair of rings which are known as couple rings and smiled seeing them. She made them beautifully gift wrapped and came out to the car to see the driver struggling with the flat tyre.
Nan- Kya hua bhayya??
Driver - Madam..tyre puncture ho gaya...aap plz wait kariye..mein thik kar dhunga..
She nodded and stood there looking at the work he was doing.
"Heyyy Nandini..." She turned back to see the owner of the voice and she smiled to the fullest.
"Abhi Bhayyaaa...." She smiled broadly.

Abhimanyu Thakkar- Best friend of Nandini in college. Like Cabir knows Manik's feelings for Nandini, Abhi knows about Nandini's. She calls him bhayya as he always supports and suggests her like one. He has flown to USA for further studies,immediately after their farewell. The only thing he knew was, Manik confessed his feelings and Nandini to convince her family. After that,they lost contact of each other.

Ab- Kaisi ho..?? Aur Manik kaisa hai..??
He asked with a broad smile as he misunderstood that she has got married to Manik.
The smile on her face immediately faded and answered "Sab itne khush kismat nai hote bhayya jo mann kare wo mil jaye.."
Ab- Mathlab??
Nan - I'm married....but according to family's wish.
Abhi was shocked but can't even imagine the pain she was suffering.
Ab- Thu...thu khush..toh hai na..??
He managed to ask and she smiled weakly. T enlighten the scene, he asked her whereabouts and she said she came to buy gifts for her husband and he became somewhat relieved thinking that she is happy with her husband and felt bad about Manik.
Ab- what about the car..??
Nan- Tyre puncture.
She said and smiled a little.
Ab- Come..I'll drop u...
He said and she immediately nodded in a no.
Ab- Arey baba chalo na...
He said and pulled her holding her wrist but still she refused. In the meanwhile, her car got ready and she simply bid bye to him. Abhi felt something wrong but chucked his thoughts thinking that her husband must be strict.
She didn't even invite him to pay a visit to her because she know what can happen if her husband sees that. Little did she know, a pair of eyes are following her since she left the house and his blood was boiling seeing her with other man.
By the time Aryaman came home, it was fully decorated and then came Nandini from kitchen with a cake in her hand.
Nan- Aryaman...aap aa gaye..?? I'll get u water...baitiye na...
She said with a smile and left to bring water while he was still remembering Abhi holding Nandini's hand.
She came and gave him water but he didn't respond. She sensed something wrong but sat beside him and placed her hand on his shoulder and said "Aryaman..see I've made cake on my own...and I...I made all your favorite dishes...and dhekiye I bought a gift for u..."
She gave him the gift box and asked him to open. But still he is silent. She gulped her saliva being scared but smiled faintly and she herself opened the gift.
"See I've bought couple rings for us" She said with a smile and made him wear that ring. Just then he held her hand tightly and pulled her towards him.

"He held this hand only na...How was the touch..??? Enjoyed huh...??" He asked with anger filled eyes while gripping her hand more tighter and she remembered about whom he was talking.
"Aahhh...Aryaman....kya keh rahe ho aap...?? Plz leave me...it's hurting..." She cried while trying to free her hand which was of no use.
He then pinned her to the nearest wall and gone dangerously towards her while blocking her between his hands.
"I just gave u one day...one chance...but u again tried to cheat on me..." He said while gritting his teeth.
She started explaining herself "Nahi Aryaman...meri baath suniye...our car tyre was punctured...He just offered a lift...But I refused..Sach mein...I promise...I didn't do anything... He was my classmate..wo mera bh..."She was cut in between while he unbuckled his belt without paying any attention towards her explanation.
She pleaded him with scary and teary eyes but all her cries were witnessed only by the walls of the house when the entire house echoed her cries and the thaps of belt.
After half n hour of his torture, he left her on the floor and came towards her and gripped her hairs, pulled her head near to him and said " Why jaan...?? Why u always do this to us..?? Do u know how much I love u..??"
Nandini, who was already physically hurt, couldn't utter a word but still she tried to give her justification and so she tried to say "Meri...baath...sun..suniye....I...didn't...do any..anything..."
"Kyun Nandu...?? Kyun...?? Am I not enough for u..?? First ur boyfriend...then me..and then this guy...ur classmate...??? Kya naam tha uska...Abhi...??" He asked while she was not at all left with energy.
"That means...one guy is not enough for u...Oh my god...I'm not enough for u..just because I didn't do anything with u...!!!" He exclaimed while she cried and cried still lying on the floor.
"Now I'll show u what a man is...!!!" He said and dragged her to their room and threw her bed and once again all her cries went to deaf ears.

The entire house once again echoed her cries when he claimed HIS OWN WIFE as HIS brutally. The entire darkness outside the house has hovered inside her heart at that moment.

FLASHBACK ENDS.

She started shivering and sweating badly, still closing her eyes, sitting in the living room.
By the time, Manik came out to check on her, he saw her shivering. He ran towards her and placed his hand on her shoulder and then she came to reality by opening her eyes. But she just jerked off his hand, still shivering.
Ma- Nandini...kya hua...?? Come here...
He moved towards her while she just got up and moved away from him sweating and crying.
Nan- Nahi...mein ne kuch nahi kiya...I promise...I didn't do anything...
She was blabbering the same lines which she did in front of that animal cum husband of hers, unable to come out of that nightmare.
Manik could not understand what happened and what she was talking about but he was pretty sure that it was another bad memory of hers with her husband. Little did he know, it wasn't a bad memory but it was the worst of all. He tried to hold her but again she moved back with fear, fear that engulfed her heart replacing all the love she has stored.
She kept on blabbering and finally she fainted in Manik's arms.