Chapter 7

Alright...sorry for the delay. It's been a hectic weekend. Haha, anyway, this chapter should be a little longer, hopefully. Enjoy!

| Layla |

Hundreds of heads looked up at their Alpha, and their new Luna. I stood above them, my face turning redder by the minute. I was not used to being in front of so many people.

David tapped my shoulder, and nodded for me to introduce myself. I sighed, but knew it had to be done at some point in time.

"Hello. I'm Layla, the new Luna." I stated shyly, but my voice was clear, and smiles were flashing throughout the crowd, making me calm down. Maybe this wouldn't be so bad.

David turned to the crowd, an arm around my shoulder, and one hand grasping my hand tightly. I looked into his beautiful eyes, hoping to find some reassurance.

I did.

David began to speak, and the entire pack was attentive. "Layla, before any accusations are thrown out, is not-" David froze, and turned to me.

He knew I didn't want anybody to know what I was. But I nodded; I was ready, and if I was going to be part of the Kaiser pack, I wanted them to know what I was, who I was.

He smiled, and continued. "Layla is not human, as many of you may have thought. She is something called a Pure Shifter, and she is the last of her kind, and also my mate." David continued on with the story of my life.

When he finally finished, the pack looked up at me, dead silent, and sadness in their eyes. Even the children had stopped what they had been doing, to listen. I was a little embarrassed.

A loud and obnoxious scoff broke the quiet. I looked at David, and his eyebrows furrowed, not knowing what just happened. He was extremely upset-his face was turning a bright shade of red.

He was about to speak again, and ask who had done that, but I answered.

"It was Brooke," I whispered, and then realized that their might be a few Brookes in the pack. But he knew who I was talking about, and he glared at her, finding her in the crowd.

With a wave of his hand, the crowd below departed, and they went back to talking, playing games, or eating. Brooke sat down in the grass, playing on her phone.

"She wanted to be Luna. She doesn't like you, Layla, and I don't know why. Surely that isn't the only reason. Everybody loves you." David smiled, and pecked me on the cheek. I blushed, visibly.

He laughed, and took my hand. Guiding me down the porch steps, he brought me near where Brooke was sitting.

"What are you doing?" I gasped, not wanting to go anywhere near her. He shook his head, and brought us right in front of her. She slowly looked up, smiling at David, and then glaring at me.

David growled lowly, but she didn't seem to notice.

"What do you want, little-" she began, but David growled louder this time, and she stopped.

"Knock it off. Now, I don't know why you got off like this, but I don't want my pack mates fighting." David glanced at Brooke, and then at me. I sighed, knowing what had to be done.

"So-" I was cut off by many branches breaking. I whipped my head around, glaring in shock at what popped out.

At least fifty rogues poured out of the woods, lips pulled back, and yellow teeth flashing. Their paws carried them swiftly across the yard, bringing them closer and closer to the pack- and the children.

My instincts got the better of me, and with my in-human speed, I forced my way to any kids that I could find. Theirs mothers stood near them, wide eyed in panic.