Chapter 9

Hey guys! Sarah here! Or, as you guys know me, sp83400.

So in this chapter, stuff is really going to start to go down. Kind of. We start to get to the main part of the story. The other chapters were just for explaining, and fillers.

And soon, I'm going to do a teaser for my next story.

It is most likely going to be a fan-fiction...but it could be a romance...or a dystopian society...I don't know. I have about ten non published stories... so I could do a teaser for any of those.

What should I do? Comment, if you would like.

Okay, enough talk, here's chapter 9!

| David |

Layla came out of the sliding glass door, as pretty as always. She wasn't as formal this time, though. She had a blue bikini that she had shopped for, and her blonde hair was in a loose fishtail, as Morgan had called it.

I smiled my warm smile. Layla looked stunningly beautiful- even though she wasn't dressed up. She always looked beautiful.

"Are you ready?" I asked, the faint sound of music playing in the background. I began to climb out of the pool, approaching her. She looked at me, and raised an eyebrow.

"David! Don't. You. Dare!" She screamed, as I scooped her up over my shoulders, and threw her into the pool. Her scream lasted right until her head went under the water.

Seconds later, her head reappeared, and her hands rushed to brush the loose hair away from her face. Her mouth formed an 'o', and she stared at me in shock.

"Why would you do that!" She yelled, and I shrugged, while bending over from laughing do hard. Layla took that chance to knock me over into the pool.

The water was warm, and as I plunged under, I managed to dunk Layla's head again. Opening my eyes under the water, I saw her eyes open to.

She punched me, but it didn't work very well, because the water slowed it down. We began to laugh, soundless, underneath the surface.

As we resurfaced, I could now hear the sounds of our voices, laughing.

"Are we going to have a problem?" Layla asked in her sweet voice, and I swam to the side of the pool. When I got there, I looked back at her.

"Only if you want one." I smirked, and this time she punched me in the arm, a bit harder. I faked an injury.

"Ow! That hurt!" I pretended to cry, and she rolled her eyes jokingly.

Sitting on the edge of the pool, I glanced at Layla. She swam over, so gracefully, and sat beside me. I put my arm around her, and she leaned her head on my shoulder.

"I love you, you know that?" She put out there, and I just sat, looking at the stars.

"I know. I know."

| Unknown |

"Your Majesty." The messenger bowed, his thinning hair showing part of his shiny bald head. I waved my hand, motioning for a servant to close the door.

"I see you have returned, Tom. What have you gotten?" I asked, anxious. The mission he had previously been on had been long, but would provide the realm with knowledge.

"Your majesty, there is one left. A Pure-Shifter- the girl, Layla. We managed to kill her mother, but her father is with us, a prisoner. You haven't yet turned him, my king." He rasped, not making eye contact.

I cussed under my breath. Curse the girl- the dark shifter had told me he was almost certain that she had been dead, in that war so many years ago. And now that shifter would pay.