Chapter 16

Okay so this wasn't a big part before, but in case this gets confusing, Luke is the Beta, and Leo is the Delta (third-in-command). Also, Thanks for 25k! You guys are awesome ilysm you always make my day.

Second, anybody watch the live streams last night/day whatever...? Some of you will know what I'm talking about...OMG I need to talk to someone about I'm sorry but I do I loved it by far. It was my favorite.

| Unknown |

I waited until the rest of the wolves were gone, before I sprang into the clearing, easily unseen. I had seen that ignorant Alpha kick aside the tranquilizer dart- and that had just made my job easier. I snatched the dart up in my mouth, cleared the scent traces and footprints, and began to follow the five other wolves. The blue-gray wolf, who was undoubtedly the Beta female, was what the King had wanted.

We couldn't get the Luna yet- it was too risky. But with the Beta Female, we would have plenty of time. Running smoothly behind her, I waited until there was something to distract her. Sure enough, a bird flew out in front of her, and she skidded to a halt. I pounced on top of her, and before she could yelp, I dug the fast-working dart into her hip, and she slowly fell unconscious.

The three other wolves came out of the bushes, and helped retrieve the Beta Female. We would bring her back, and hold her, knowing that she would eventually lead us to capturing the Luna of the Kaiser Pack. The other wolves howled, knowing that even if the pack heard, our scent, and any trace of us would be gone before they could get back to this spot.

| Layla |

I looked around frantically for my new best friend, sniffing the air, searching for any trace that was left of her. But there was nothing; not even a piece of fur clung to a branch on a bush. Whoever had taken her had his their scent well. I glanced over at Luke, no longer in my wolf form. The worry and fear on his face was noticeable, and he paced around the wooded clearing, whimpering every so often.

David, Leo, and Luke still remained in their wolf forms. David sat on the dirt, working his paws into the ground. Then, all at once as if some kind of signal had went off, the shifted back into their human forms. David and Luke exchanged a few hushed words, and Davis began to become very brittle with what he was saying.

'Knock it off, before you hurt him more,' I spoke through the mind-link, and sent to it to David, as he was just about to say something very harsh to Luke. I walked over to the three men in the clearing, talking to each other in low voices. Luke was staring onto the ground, fury burning in eyes. I couldn't even begin to imagine how he felt.

"C'mon." I almost growled out to the the three of them- and they stood up, dragging their feet as they walked. I wasn't upset at them; I was upset at who ever had stolen the Beta Female, Luke's mate, my best friend. I almost growled out loud again, because it made me angry just thinking about it. We needed a plan, and fast.

We walked back to the Pack house, a bitter-sweet lump in my throat. I hadn't really cared about anyone since my parents died, so many years ago. And now that I actually had someone to care about again, I wouldn't let another one die. At least, not over my dead body.

The big white door greeted us as we entered, faces downcast. Hailey, Alexa and her children sat on the couch, playing a board game that was set up on the glass coffee table. CJ was pacing, but all the while staring at nothing, really. She must of had a vision while we were gone- she wasn't frozen in place, and yet, she seemed anxious about...something.

As if reading my mind, her head snapped up, and her eyes almost seemed to burn into my soul. She quickly nodded at me, and then turned away to sit next to her sister, tapping her foot impatiently. The four others looked at us as we entered, waiting to hear what we had to say about the trespassers.