Chapter 10

So I'm back! It's been a little while... But hopefully, HOPEFULLY, my new schedule for postings will be Wednesdays/Thursdays and Saturdays/Sundays. Or sometimes it might be once a week.

I really hope I can do this...even if it means a little shorter chapters...

Haha what? Just Kidding. And remember how in like chapter 5 I said something about were-cats/horses? I might add those soon.

Anyway, enjoy!

| David |

I stared in shock, not knowing what to do. Layla was unconscious, on the floor. And I had no idea why she was there.

Had she been in shock, to, like I was now?

"David, don't just stand there!" Morgan cried, and pushed her way towards Layla's limp form. I picked Layla up, bridal style, before Morgan could touch her, and laid her gently on the couch, my eyes filled with worry.

"What the hell just happened?" Leo asked, standing up to look over at Layla, who hadn't stirred when I had moved her.

"Is she okay?" Luke asked, scratching the back of his head. I shook my head, and began to pace. Fortis was becoming nervous, inside.

'Calm down, Fortis, she'll be okay.' I tried to calm him down, and it worked a little bit. I sat on the couch that Layla was sprawled on, and looked back at the three that were standing in the kitchen. They stared back at me with curiosity.

"Let's get her to the pack hospital. We will have them find out what happened. It could be just from shock." I ordered them, although I knew Layla wouldn't collapse from shock. She was much stronger then that.

Morgan grabbed the key to the truck, while I grabbed Layla, and began to bring her to the front door. Leo and Luke exchanged a quick glance, and began to follow.

"She'll be alright, dude." Leo said, and gave me a slap on the back. I smiled faintly, but I could feel the 'mate-pull', and I knew Layla wouldn't be the same.

Maybe ever.

Morgan sat in the drivers seat of the truck, and I climbed into the backseat, Layla laying down, her head in my lap. Luke took the passengers seat, and Leo took a seat in the back with us.

"It was from the shock." Morgan reassured, but I just kept looking at Layla, my fingers running through her hair. I was scared.

But I would never admit in front of my pack mates.

Morgan drove down the road, and all was going smoothly, until Luke noticed a black S.U.V. Following close behind. Not one of pack mates cars'.

"Morgan, stop. We can't have a human find out where the pack hospital is." I sighed, rubbing my temples. I had just wanted to get Layla to the hospital quickly.

Morgan pulled over, and the black S.U.V. slowly came to a stop, to behind us. I stayed with Layla in the car, as Morgan, Luke, and Leo went out to tell the humans off.

I used my advanced hearing to listen to what everyone was saying.

"Jordan? Get out of here, you heartless fool." Morgan growled, and I immediately tensed. It was Jordan-the lead hunter. Hopefully he didn't want a fight right now.

Who was I kidding-he always wanted to fight.

But Morgan and the others would do whatever they hade to do to evade Jordan. Although he wasn't a human, or not fully human, he couldn't know where the hospital was.

"Where are you going, you stupid mutts? I rarely see the three of you go anywhere without your alpha." Jordan retorted, and I looked behind me, out the car window.