Chapter 8

Okay...again, not a great chapter, but it should be longer this time. And hey, we got to 400 reads! Can we get to 465 by the time I post chapter 9? I hope!

Anyway, mostly edited. Hope you enjoy!

| Layla |

It was 8:32 when I woke up. I was excited for the pool date tonight, with David. I loved swimming, and even more, night swimming.

I threw on a shirt and jeans, and put on a new pair of socks. I slid on the shiny wood floor, and went downstairs to make breakfast.

Opening the door, I walked briskly down the stairs, fixing my hair. My stomach was already making noises, and Canis was whining.

'I'm hungry!' Canis said.

'I'm making food!' I laughed mentally as I spoke to her, and walked I to the kitchen, where Luke and Morgan were already sitting. I smiled at them- I was glad Morgan had found her mate.

"Good morning!" I beamed, while Luke waved, and Morgan groggily yawned a hello. She wasn't a morning person, apparently. I stared at her for a minute, trying to contain my laughter.

"Luke woke me up at seven thirty! Do you know how late I went to sleep last night?" Morgan complained, leaning over the side of the chair, placing her head in her hands.

"I wanted to spend time with my mate!" Luke grasped Morgan's hand, and she looked up slowly.

She then stuck her tongue out at him. Luke laughed, and quickly got up, turned on the water in the sink, and sat back down. He looked at me, raising an eyebrow.

"A-choo!" Luke fake sneezed, and sprayed the water from his hands all over Morgan, who had put her head back down. She sat straight up in surprise, and then her eyes widened.

She hadn't realized Luke had gotten water.

"Luke!" She screamed, punching him in the shoulder. "That's disgusting!" Luke and I laughed, and Morgan sat there, confuse on what had just happened.

"Chill, it's just water!" Luke sprayed the remaining droplets on her, and her face began to turn a little red. She giggled a little, though. Then, Morgan muttered.

"I'll get you..." She whispered, smiling.

"So what's for breakfast? And where's David and Leo?" I asked, looking around the house.

"David and Leo went to get some of the others. We are training today, in case of another rogue attack." Luke growled the last part, and held Morgan close. "I won't let them hurt you, Morgan."

"Thanks." I said sarcastically, glaring jokingly at him.

"And the Luna. But mostly my mate." He snickered, and I walked to the fridge, looking for something to eat.

"Morgan made pancakes." Luke said, not turning around. I glanced on the lower shelf in the fridge, and about twenty pancakes were sitting on a plate, wrapped over in plastic wrap.

And they were chocolate chip!

I grabbed the whipped cream, butter and syrup, and put the four small pancakes in the toaster. Walking to the cabinet, I grabbed a glass, and made some coffee.

"Did you guys eat yet?" I asked, assuming they had.

"I haven't. Luke kept eating them as I made them, and eventually I just made a bunch and put them on the plate. I'll get some though." Morgan laughed, and stood up, and grabbed a few pancakes.

| Thirty Minutes Later |

Morgan and I finished the pancakes quickly, and we went upstairs to get ready, as we hadn't put on any makeup yet.