Future Fiance

It was 1861 and I was currently on my way back to Mystic Falls to stay with the Salvatore's. Giuseppe Salvatore was kind enough to let me stay in their home and he was also a founding family member and ran a vampire council to get rid of them all and I knew he wouldn't suspect a thing, especially when I'm a sweet, innocent young lady who was supposed to be brutally abused as an orphan and has nowhere to go. I was about an hour away and was thinking about how long it had been since I have seen the Mikealsons. At least several decades considering Niklaus daggered Rebekah and he tried to do away with Elijah but he fled. Mikeal almost caught them and Kol was out of his box. I assume they'll make up and get together again but when that is I do not know. I hadn't realized I was lost in thought until my driver said something. " Miss Marie, we shall arrive in five short minutes." Patrick announced. "Thank you Mr. Patrick." I smiled with teeth and he almost passed our turn he was too busy looking at me. We arrived and he opened my door and I announced myself to Giuseppe. "Hello, you must be Mr. Salvatore. I am Vanessa Marie, pleasure to make your acquaintance." He seemed taken back by my politeness, but quickly recovered himself. "Hello Miss Marie. Please call me Giuseppe, the pleasure is all mine" He replied kissing my hand and bowing as I curtsy. "You may call me Vanessa" I say. "Vanessa" He smiled. I returned the gesture. " You'll have to excuse my two sons. Damon has just arrived back home from the war and Stefan is greeting him they shall be along any minute." "It is quite alright" We then engaged in small talk while my bags were being taken to my living quarters. Giuseppe calls out to someone behind me. "Stefan, Damon. I would like to introduce you to Miss Vanessa Marie."He says then I turn around smile and curtsy. They seem to be to stunned by my presence to speak at the moment. Giuseppe started to scold them politely. "Now boys, where are your manners." He smiled fakely in a too polite tone so I wouldn't notice but I did. Damon was the first to snap out it which made Stefan snap out of it as well. "Welcome Miss Marie. My name is Damon. It's lovely to meet you." He says while kissing my hand. Eyes never leaving mine. Stefan walked up and slightly pushed Damon out of his way. "Hello Miss Marie. I'm Stefan. It is wonderful to finally meet you." He says while bowing, and kissing my hand. Eyes boring into mine. "It is lovely to meet you Stefan and Damon. Please call me Vanessa. I cannot wait to get to know you." "I'm also looking forward to getting to know you." Stefan replies.
*Over the Next Two Years*
Stefan and Damon was both trying to get my attention. Although Damon was polite and handsome. He was more of a big brother,close friend. Stefan was truly amazing. He was gorgeous, kind, cared about others, and constantly made me feel special. I learned something everyday. We started courting six months after my arrival. I told Stefan about me being a vampire and he said he loved me no matter what I am and he promised not to tell. It was amazing, this continues for almost two and a half years. One day Stefan and I were on a walk down the lane. We finally reached our spot and looked on as the sun set. Stefan stood, took ahold of my hands and gently pulled me up as well. He looked in my eyes and said "Vanessa Marie, you are one of a kind. I've never met anyone like you and have never felt like this. I want you to know how much I love you and what you mean to me. This is why I would like to know." He stopped reached in his pocket pulled out a box, got on one knee. "If my heart could beat, it would right now." I thought to myself. "If you would do me the honor and marry me?" He finished. "I would love to. Yes!!!!!" I was practically jumping for joy. He smiled and slid the ring on my finger.

I grinned and wrapped my arms around his neck he stood and spun me around

I grinned and wrapped my arms around his neck he stood and spun me around. Then gently put me down keeping his hands on my waist and kissed me with love and passion. I gladly kissed back. He swiped his tongue on my bottom lip. I gladly obliged. This should be fun tonight.
*Six Months Later*
We have a new girl arriving today. Her name is Katherine Pierce. She is a Vampire and I know she is on the run from Klaus because she was a doppelgänger that could break the spell that Ester the Original Witch cast upon Nik to keep his werewolf side dormant. He was royally pissed when she escaped with the help of Trevor and Rose who is now on the run and I was actually scared of him. I've never seen him so angry. Maybe she will remember me. I was getting my corset tied when I heard Damon arrive from being officially done with the war. I was glad to have my brother back. I finished getting ready and walked to Damons room where he was. I knocked and entered after he said I could. "Long time, no see." I said. He engulfed me in a huge hug which I returned. "Man I've missed you" he said. I giggled. "Same here." I said. We caught up he was happy that I was happy with his brother. "Well you best get showered and changed. We have a young lady arriving today. She will be here in an hours time." "Okay, thanks Nessie." We hugged and I walked out. One hour later she arrived and I didn't know so as I was walking out I called for Stefan. "Stefan" I said. He turned around with a big smile. I gave him a kiss. But was interrupted when someone coughed. I looked around and saw Katherine. She introduced herself with a little fear in her eyes but masked it well. "Hello I'm Katherine Pierce. Pleasure to meet you." "Hello my name is Vanessa Marie. Soon to be Salvatore. Lovely to meet you as well" I curtsy as did she and turned to Stefan with a smile.
*Time Skip*
Katherine has made a move on both Stefan and Damon. She has Damon wrapped around he finger. But Stefan wants no part of it which I am grateful for. Along with Katherine came some new people in town. I was once again reunited with Emily who was with Katherine, surprisingly. She was glad to see me and saw I was happy. I was happy to see her and get her hugs. Katherine became less scared of me after I confronted her and apologized if I frightened her by being so close to Klaus and what he tried to do to her and that he would never find her through me because I haven't talked to him in ages. She accepted my apology and we became sort of friends. *What she didn't know is that she was using her to get to Stefan and win him over. She did truly accept Vanessa's apology cause she actually was a tad scared.*
The wedding wasn't very far away and we were both excited. Stefan had some redness on his neck and chest but I didn't think anything of it. It was probably just nerves. Emily had told a few weeks ago they were getting close to figuring out what Katherine was and she feared for me. So she made me a one of a kind bracelet that protected me against vervain(an herb that burns vampires). She said I was the only one who had such a bracelet and she was the first witch to accomplish it. Our wedding unfortunately was postponed a couple of months due to the death of a family member. On the day of the wedding I was ecstatic. That was until a couple founding members dragged off Katherine with Stefan following behind yelling at his father with a bite mark on his neck. "Father,please do something. I love her." He said. That sentence broke my heart even though I just figured out he was compelled. He then took notice of me but I ran out before anything could be done. I knew it wasn't his fault but it still upset me. I was walking around when suddenly Emily came running up to me.
"You need to get out of here!" She said very quickly.
"Why what's wrong?" I said.
"There doing it. There rounding up the vampires here. The Salvatore's, The Lockwood's, and The Forbes'. And I can't see you get hurt. Get out of here." She said. "Ok, I'm going. It was lovely to see you again. Until next time." I said. And with that sentence I fled Mystic Falls.