THE WALK

THE WALK

   “Now what?” thought Byron. So, he took a few more steps and began to explore this new innereal world. It was not unlike the other world that he was familiar with, but it was definitely different and he was quite eager to explore it further. But, then he remembered Jacobis and began searching for him and calling out his name, “Jacobis, Jacobis, are you here?”

   (While Byron is searching for Jacobis, let me just try to describe his innereal world a bit, so you will know what it is like upon first glance. Then, as the story proceeds, you will learn much more about it.

   Now, please keep in mind that this is Byron’s innereal world. Other innereal worlds, I’m sure, are quite different. I have even heard that some of them have mermaids in them, or pirates, or fairies, or any number of unusual types of landscapes and atmospheres, and on and on and so forth.

   Some people have, of course, written books as a way of sharing the adventures that occurred in these other types of innereal worlds, which I suppose, is also what is happening here with Byron’s story.

   In Byron’s innereal world, all of the colors and sounds were the same, but he would discover other new kinds of each of these that were in addition to the ones he knew from the world that he had come from. When he discovered them, he gave them names, such as “bliss” for the first new color that he saw, which got its name because of the way it made him feel.

   Nature looked the same to Byron, except that he encountered variations, such as trees and rocks and things like that, which had personality and could communicate with him. But that was not really all that different than the intimate relationship that he had already developed with Old Oaken.

   Gravity was about the same, but he would learn that he had the ability to fly sometimes.

   But, we really are getting ahead of ourselves, so let’s just suffice it to say that Byron’s innereal world was much like the world that he had come from, just more, much much more.)

   Byron did finally find Jacobis and, unfortunately, he was still in pretty bad shape and in no way able to travel.

   “Can I help you?” asked Byron.

   “You already have helped me as much as you can,” answered Jacobis.

   “What do you mean?” asked Byron.

   “You entered your innereal, Byron. That is all that I needed you to do,” said Jacobis.

   “What? What are you talking about? You acted like there was some dire emergency that you needed help with,” said Byron.

   “There was,” said Jacobis.

   “What?” asked Byron.

   “You,” answered Jacobis.

   “What, me?” asked Byron.

   “You were running around in circles and not getting anywhere. That is not what you wanted, was it?” asked Jacobis.

   “No, but… ” answered Byron.

   “You were not meant to run around in circles, Byron. You needed to stop and enter your innereal, so that you could become all that you are,” said Jacobis.

   “But now what? What am I doing here? What am I supposed to do now?” asked Byron.

   “Walk,” answered Jacobis.

   “Walk?” asked Byron.

   “Yes. Walk,” said Jacobis. “And, I need you to start now.”

   “But, where? Why?” asked Byron.

   “You will see, Byron,” said Jacobis. “And, you will know. Now, go.”

   “But, I want to stay with you,” said Byron.

   “You cannot, Byron,” said Jacobis. “You have to take this journey and I am in no condition to travel right now. We will meet again. Do not worry. Now, go. Off with you.”

   So, even though he was quite confused, Byron stood up and began to walk away from his new friend. A mixture of apprehension and excitement filled his mind. He just knew that he was off on the adventure of his life.