THE PARTING

THE PARTING

   “I have been such a fool,” said Ajobis. “Oh, the powers of the orbs are so magnificent when they are used the way that they are intended to be used! What a stupid stupid fool I have been.”

   Ajobis was saying this as he and Byron and Narrie were collecting themselves on the other side of the gate. Byron and Narrie soon realized that they were in the exact same location where they had been before, after the earthquake and escaping through the third gate.

   “We’re on the other side again,” said Narrie.

   “Yes,” confirmed Byron.

   “So, your orb actually did beat my Crusher,” said Ajobis, in amazement.

   “Uh, yes,” said Byron, quizzically.

   “Amazing!” exclaimed Ajobis. “Truly amazing! I had no idea that they could be so fantastic! I have been such a fool.”

   “Ok, Ok, we get it,” said Narrie.

   “Yes, but I was so wrong,” continued Ajobis. “Their powers are way stronger and way more magnificent than I had ever imagined.”

   “You should see the Lighthouse,” said Narrie.

   “Lighthouse?” asked Ajobis. “What Lighthouse?”

   “Byron transformed the Crusher into an amazingly beautiful Lighthouse,” Narrie clarified.

   “Really?” exclaimed Ajobis. “I need to see it! I need to see it, right now!”

   “Hold on. Hold on!” said Bryon. “Man, just settle down a bit. We have to figure this out and decide what we’re supposed to do next.”

   “Oh, yes, yes. You are correct, of course,” agreed Ajobis. “It is just that I am so excited. It has been a long long time since I have felt this way.”

   “Ok, well, just calm down a bit,” said Byron. “We have to get situated here and plan what we are going to do next.”

   “I have to go back in,” said Narrie.

   “What?” said Byron, shocked.

   “I have to go back in there. They need me,” continued Narrie. “We were really making some progress. Healing was happening all over. It was magnificent, really, such a great and rewarding and satisfying experience. I have to go back in there. They need me.”

   “You are such an amazing girl, Narrie,” said Byron, as he gave her a big hug. “I am so thankful to be your friend. Your heart is golden. You are a true treasure.”

   “Oh, Byron,” she said. “You are the amazing one.”

   “Well, we have both been given amazing opportunities, haven’t we,” answered Byron.

   “Yes, we have,” Narrie agreed.

   “Well, I also know where I have to go,” added Ajobis. “I have to return to my father.”

   “And, I am still on my journey to Jacobis,” said Byron. “So, we all seem to know where we are headed.”

   Byron took Narrie’s hands into his, and said, “Narrie, I hope to see you again. And, I wish you the best on the journey ahead of you.”

   Byron then put his hand on Ajobis’ shoulder, and said, “It has also been quite an adventure knowing you. And, I also wish you well on your journey. I hope your father will be understanding and receive you back into the family.”

   “I have a bit of a confession to make to both of you,” said Ajobis, seriously. “You see,” he said, as he gestured to the building, “This is my father’s house. Many years ago, I banished him from it. And then, I transformed it into the horrid and awful torture chamber that it was when you first entered it. Thankfully, it is now back to its original grand and glorious condition.”

   Byron and Narrie were shocked.

   “Where did he go?” asked Narrie.

   “Well, I think I know,” answered Ajobis. “And, I… well… I… well, Byron and I are actually going to the same place… because Jacobis is my father.”

   Byron and Narrie were dumbstruck. They had no idea what to say. But, as they thought about it, it did make some sense. Jacobis and Ajobis were almost identical in appearance and, well… still, Byron and Narrie were quite shocked to hear this revelation.

   Finally, Narrie said, “Well then, that settles it. You two are going that way.” And she pointed down the coast of the sea. “And, I am going back in.”

   “Yes, I suppose that does settle it,” agreed Byron.

   So, the three exchanged their final goodbyes.

   Narrie then started to walk around the house to look for an entrance, and Byron and Ajobis headed down the path to the sea.