Chapter 1. The Full Moon Ritual

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart."
- Helen Keller

Chapter 1. The Full Moon Ritual

"Hazel, you excited for tomorrow?" Scarlet asked her best friend who was lying on the bed, curled up in a ball, staring at the dress on the mannequin which was a black colored party dress. It had no sleeves, was backless and she was sure it would hug her curves perfectly. It had a slit which would show her cleavage. Embroidery covered it from the neck to the start of the thigh and flowed freely from underneath. She paired it with silver colored five- inch heels, silver clutch and black jewelry.

 She paired it with silver colored five- inch heels, silver clutch and black jewelry

Hazel drew in some air and sighed. She's a werewolf and it was not usual for a she wolf to not find a mate, especially at the age of twenty one.

"No," Hazel's reply may be short but true. She turned around and faced Scarlet with her face devoid of any expression. A pout touched Scarlet's lips and she furrowed her brows. Hazel looked at her and took in her features. Her wide eyes and pink lips suited her perfectly. And on top of that, she had naturally red silky straight hair which cascaded down her waist. It was a pure blessing that she found her mate at the age of eighteen, unlike Hazel.

"Why not?" Scarlet questioned. It had already been a fatiguing day as they both went out to buy their dresses for the following night. It would be an exceptional event for both the girls which was why Hazel felt tense so she called her friend over for a sleepover who arrived within minutes.

"I'm nervous," Hazel replied, her voice no more than a whisper. Each night before a full moon occurs, all the wolf packs join together to look for their mates. There are four main packs in total- The Water pack, Air pack, Earth pack and the Fire pack. Other packs also existed- such as Dust Pack, Lightning Pack etc. Scarlet and Hazel belonged to the Water pack who are said to be the most harmonic of them all. The Fire Pack is the most dangerous. Their people are filled with anger and irate and no one knows their Alpha's name and his face has never been revealed. He keeps his identity a secret for some reason.

An Alpha is the leader of the Pack.  The word "Mate" is derived from the word "soul mate". They say that when your mate is nearby, the most stirring smell fills your nostrils and you are able to pick their scent which enables you to find your mate. Their mere presence makes goose bumps erupt all over your body.

"About?" Scarlet asked, apprehension etched all over her face.

"The full moon ritual," Hazel sighed.

"Oh," was the he only thing Scarlet could say. Once a year, a red full moon covers the sky and every wolf who hasn't found his or her mate would be thrown out of the pack. An age limit was set, age twenty one for women and twenty four for men. It was normal for Hazel to be scared. Being thrown out makes you a rogue and being a rouge is worse than being an omega.

"What happens if I don't meet my mate?" Hazel whispered.

"Don't worry," Scarlet assured her. "You'll meet the love of your life. And when he does, he won't be able to keep his eyes off you and take you there and then."

Hazel looked at her wide eyed, "I don't even want to think about that"

Scarlet giggled and punched her friend on the elbow lightly. Hazel sat up and rested her head against the headboard. A lot of questions swarmed in her mind.

What if I don't meet her mate?

What will happen then?

What if he rejects me?

What if I'm forced to become a rogue?

"Girl," Scarlet's voice brought her out of her trance. "You need to sleep otherwise that big brain of yours is gonna explode." She nudged her and poked her forefinger at Hazel's forehead, pushing it lightly.

Hazel swatted her arm away and pouted at her. It was true though, she does need to sleep.

"Okay," Hazel said before pulling the covers over her and laid down on her bed and before she knew it, she was out like a light.

Meanwhile, Michael was talking to his mom on the phone while standing in front of his humongous wardrobe debating on what to wear for the special event.

"Son, you are nearly twenty four and you still don't have a mate. You have to come tomorrow," She finalized.

"Why mom, what's the point? I'm the Alpha, no one can push me out," Michael said, using his commanding voice. "Besides, I have some company work to do"

Michael was the Chief Executive Officer, CEO of an international electronics brand- Woods Enterprises, using his family name. He started it with his father at the mere age of nineteen and worked extremely hard to ensure that it reached the top of the charts. They now have clients and alliances all over the world. But with fame and money comes rivalries and people who would do everything just to see their company shatter on the ground but Michael would not allow that, he would never.

"I'm getting old and I really want grand kids. Besides, you're never going to get over your playerish ways unless you meet your mate." His mom sighed on the other line. He grinned; every now and then he brings a girl and fills his needs before discarding her away. Every week, he is seen with a new girl clinging on his arm. Girls are clingy and want nothing except his money and fame, according to him. Love? There was no such word as love in his vocabulary.

"Mom, this utterly is a waste of time which can be utilized into something else, Michael sighed.

"Please? For me?" She pleaded. "Just for an hour. I just need an hour of your time. You can have the rest twenty three hours of the day to yourself."

Michael sighed. Mom can be stubborn and it hated him to see that she was pleading.

"Okay mom, an hour ONLY," Michael said, emphasizing at the word "only"

"Finally. Bye, son. Love you lots!" She said her voice now laced with happiness.

"Bye, mom," He said before hanging up. He stuffed the phone in his left breast pocket of his coat and continued looking at the wardrobe. Groaning, he took out a black colored coat with black pants and a white shirt underneath. He then matched it with a blue colored tie and looked at the clock which read eleven twenty- eight. He massaged his head slightly and went to the bathroom before taking a quick shower, put his boxers on, laid on his bed and went to sleep with the thought of meeting his mate only in his mind.

-

Hey lovies! This is my first book and I've been craving for books like this because I'm a die hard fan of werewolves and billionaire *wink wink* soooo...please do tell me your opinions along the way in the comments section and vote, comment, share and follow. Seriously. Do that. It motivates the writer <3 

Question:

Blue eyes or brown eyes?