Chapter 31. "Already knew that"

"There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment." 
― Sarah Dessen.

Chapter 31. "Already knew that."

Hazel double checked herself in the mirror. She was wearing a simple black dress that reached her mid thigh and black leather long boots. The neck of the dress was off the shoulder and you could see all her collar bones. She wore earrings and a long chain around her neck. She curled the ends of her hair to give them a little bounce. She put on minimal makeup, just a bold red lipstick, mascara and did a winged eyeliner. She also snapped a picture of herself in the mirror.

Satisfied, she sat on her bed and pulled out her phone

Satisfied, she sat on her bed and pulled out her phone. She saw that it was 6 and just then, a knock was heard. Taking a deep breath, she opened her door and found Michael looking at her, grinning from ear to ear.

He stood there, wearing a blue colored button up shirt with blue jeans. The buttons of his sleeves were open and folded to his elbows. The top button of his shirt was also opened and Hazel got a peak of his chest hair. He was wearing a watch on his right hand and his hair was styled to perfection.

Hazel stepped out of her trance and met his eyes

Hazel stepped out of her trance and met his eyes. God they are so beautiful! She even saw his dimple that appeared on one side of his face. She remembered Miguel from the movie Coco. 'Dimple. No dimple.' She chuckled at the thought.

"Are you laughing at me?" He asked, eyeing her suspiciously. She shook her head, a smile on her face. "Shall we go?" She asked and he nodded before she latched her arm with his. The pack house was mostly empty today, since at this hour most of the wolves are outside, either playing or training or just enjoying the weather.

She saw a car outside the house. It was a white Mercedes. I thought werewolves don't need cars.

"But we do when we have a company in the human world," He answered her thought.

Did I say that out loud?

"Yes you did, baby girl," He chuckled and Hazel blushed.

He opened the car door for her and she settled inside before he sat in too. There was a driver at the front and Hazel greeted him when she recognized him as Michael's chauffeur.