Chapter 10. Meeting Dylan

"Every human is an artist. The dream of your life is to make beautiful art."
-Don Miguel Ruiz

Chapter 10. Meeting Dylan

"Excuse me, miss, if you would just calm down," The nice police officer sitting in front of Hazel and her mother said. Her mother had little Williams in her hands who was snoring lightly. His eyes were closed and he looked at peace. Unlike her mother, who was crying hysterically. 

"He's dead. My husband died!" She sobbed. Hazel looked at the small cubicle. The fire department had taken them to a large building and they were called inside to answer some questions. Mommy said that it was an interview.

"I'm sorry to hear about your loss." She said, a sympathetic look crossing her features.

"But we really need to know the reason behind this. If you know anything which led to this tragic event- anything, please let me know." She pleaded.

Mommy stiffened beside Hazel. Hazel knew the reason. It was an attack. A pack attack. She was about to say something but her mother beat her to it. "No, I don't know anything." 

Hazel looked at her mother confused but chose to remain quiet.

"Why wasn't mom telling them anything? It was a pack attack! We were out of pack territories and we were attacked!" Hazel thought.

"Well, miss. We'll let you know if something happens tomorrow. Till then, you can stay in one of the spare rooms of the buildings here. I'll send someone to provide clothes to you shortly. You can shower too if you'd like too. And, do you need anything else? Milk for the baby?" The officer asked, eyeing Williams.

"No, thank you. If you could give me some food or something it'd be appreciated." Mom smiled at her.

Hazel sighed at the memory. She was only seven years old at the time. It wasn't fair for her.

Shaking her head, she stepped out of her shower. Today was her first day at the office and she was ecstatic to be working on her own. Even though, the thought of her facing her mate again made her feel edgy, she was excited to meet some new people and make new friends. She had filled all the details yesterday at night. It wasn't a lot. Just random details like name, age, house address and what not.

Wrapping a towel around herself, she walked over to the full sized mirror.

She wore the clothes she had picked out for today which was a black pencil skirt with a red colored blouse. Next, she put on a silver colored chain around her neck and a pair of earrings to match with. She was told to be at the office at exactly nine o'clock and it was only 8:25 by the time she was done. Quickly putting on black heels, she walked out.

She reached the office with fifteen minutes to spare which she thought she would use for making new friends in the office. She walked towards the receptionist who smiled at her.

"So, you got the job?" She asked. Hazel nodded at her, beaming.

"Any tips for the day?" Hazel asked her.

"Yes, don't ever be late. You're early today so that's a good thing. The boss demands coffee everyday. No specific timing. No specific place. He'll just demand coffee." She shrugged. "You really should make him one. He gets really cranky if he doesn't get a nice morning coffee." She advised.

Hazel nodded and quickly ran to the elevator. She was about to press 'T' when she heard a yell which told her to "Wait!"

She pressed the hold button and a man walked in. He looked really rich, judging by his polished shoes and his Armani suit. He smiled at her and she instantly recognized him as the man she met yesterday.

"Dylan?" She asked the man who was gazing at his Gucci watch.

"Ah, Hazel. Nice to meet you again." He smiled at her, shaking her hand after which he pressed the button "T."

"So, what do you think about it?" He asked her, extending his arms as the elevator moved upwards with a light jerk.

"The office? I like it. I just feel like I need to make some new friends though." She sighed.

"Hey, why do you have this fine piece of specimen standing in front of you?" He asked arrogantly.

Hazel smiled at him. Just then, the elevator dinged and they both walked out.

"Are you going to meet Michael?" He asked. Hazel was surprised that he said Michael instead of boss.

"Yes, I am." She said, still surprised. Dylan made his head fall back before he laughed.

"I'm sorry. It's just that you look so cute." He said, pinching her cheek.

Hazel blushed at his comment.

"By the way, I'm his best friend. That's why I don't call him boss or whatever." He said waving his hand.

They were both walking at a turtle's pace, taking their time to reach the door which was less than four meters away.

Micheal glanced at his wrist watch. It's been five minutes and Hazel still isn't in the office. She should've been here by now. He heard the ding of the elevator followed by laughter of her and a man. Rage filled him. How dare his mate neglect him and her work?

He peeked out of the keyhole and saw that it was none other than Dylan with her. He had his hand on her shoulder and they were walking side by side. Wasting no more time, he slammed open the door with great force and glared at them both.

"Miss Grayson, if you're done whoring around then I do believe that you have some work to do for ME." He said as he shot daggers at her.

Hazel gasped and immediately looked down, feeling hurt. Is that what her mate thought of her? A whore?

"Dude, we were just-" Dylan started but he raised his hand and dismissed him.

Dylan gave Hazel a sympathetic smile before he walked away, telling her to deal him on her own.

Jerk, Hazel thought. She looked at his retreating figure before she heard Micheal clearing his throat from behind her. She looked at him to see him glaring at her. Her wolf whimpered slightly and Hazel was hurt by the word he used to describe her. She was just talking to Dylan, it's not like they kissed or something.

Michael's wolf, Fire, on the other hand was frustrated. He was putting inappropriate images of Dylan kissing Hazel and making love with Hazel. Micheal growled at the thought before he pushed his wolf at the back of his mind.

He walked back inside and Hazel followed. The door closed behind her with a creak and she looked at it with dismay.

"If I see you again with Dylan once again, you're fired!" He yelled at her making Hazel gasp.

So, here you go chapter 10. And does anyone like this side of Micheal and Fire? Do let me know! Promise you it'll all get better. Till then, keep on voting, commenting, sharing and following. They motivate the writer. Love you all <3 

Question:

Day ⛅ or Night 🌃?