Chapter 14. Animals.

"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
-Marilyn Monroe

Chapter 14. Animals

Hazel was done making Michael's fourth coffee for the day. She was sure that his bitterness had something to do with how bitter he likes his coffee. No sugar no milk. It surprised her.

Moreover, she also had to explain to her boss at the cafe why she suddenly left without an explanation. The conversation happened over the phone and Hazel was glad because then her boss couldn't see her flushed face.

She switched the coffee cup from her right hand to her left because the burning sensation got too much to bear. Her heels clicked against the marble floor as she walked towards the devil's room.

Reaching there, she knocked on his door and went inside as soon as she heard a deep 'come in' from the other side. She could smell his scent from the outside and it made her wolf purr with delight.

"Your coffee, sir." She said as she walked towards his desk. She was about to place the cup beside his laptop but was surprised when he brought one of his hands up, reaching for the cup. She gave him the cup but not before brushing her fingers with his making sparks and tingles shoot up her arm.

Michael saw her strut inside his office with her tight skirt making cold sweat form on his forehead. He gazed at her even though he did not show it. Seems impossible? Nope. He learned it on the job. Her creamy legs were emphasized by the heels she was wearing and her hips moved to and fro. The tight pencil skirt she was wearing was no help at all. Michael wondered if she had a boyfriend. The thought made him growl internally.

Michael also felt the tingles which shot up his arm making him shudder slightly. His wolf liked the contact with his mate and all he ached for was to throw his laptop and documents away from the desk and take her there and then. 

Michael was bugged because he did not know whether Hazel was a werewolf or a human and he wanted to find out. But, if he asked her straightly, she would surely take her for a creep and resign.

Since when did I start caring about what people thought of me?! Dammit! This woman will be the death of me! Michael thought in his head.

He looked up from his laptop screen and was surprised to see Hazel who was fumbling with her fingers looking nervous as hell. Usually, Michael would just wave his hand as a sign of dismissal but this time, he was so engrossed in his thoughts that he didn't notice her.

Taking in a deep breath, he started. "Hazel, can we talk?"

"What about?" Hazel asked, slightly narrowing her eyes at him.

This was his chance. It would either make him or break him. It would decipher his fate. It would- STOP IT, MICHAEL!

"About...supernatural creatures?" He chose his words carefully but they still still came out wrong. "Wait, no. About animals. Yes, about animals, indeed." He cleared his throat nervously.

Hazel frowned at him, completely oblivious to what he was getting at. "Okay..." She answered nervously as she sat on the sofa in front of his desk.

"Which ones?" Hazel asked.

Dammit! "Um, which ones do you like?" Michael asked.

"I like kittens. They're really tiny and they're so fluffy and cute but puppies are my personal favorite. They're really jolly and they have this- this aura in them. It's so vibrant. You know what I mean? And like, fishes are really great, too. They just go blop, blop, blop. But they're pretty and they do nothing all day except for just swim around-"

Hazel continued her rant, not caring if Michael was the person she was talking to. At that time, all her nervousness was gone and she felt comfortable. 

Michael was staring at Hazel so adoringly with an amused smile on his face. He liked this side of her. The side which rants a lot, not giving a damn about who she was talking to.

At last, Hazel was done finally giving Michael a chance to speak. "What about wild animals?"

"Hmm..." Hazel thought about it. Her eyes were dancing with mischief and a she had a mischievous smile on her face. "Like you?" She asked then laughed.

Michael, however, was not amused. He just scowled at her making her laughter die down and she cleared her throat nervously.

"What about superstitions or fantasies or legends or supernatural creatures?" Michael asked Hazel.

"Like?"

"I don't know...Unicorns? Vampires turning into bats? Werewolves?" Michael dragged the last word.

Hazel looked at him to read his emotions just to see what he's trying to imply. But, as usual, his face was emotionless.

"No." Hazel replied.

"Sure?" Michael asked, raising his eyebrow at her.

"Yeah. I'm sure," Hazel lied.

"Okay." Michael nodded.

"Do you?" Hazel asked.

"Do I what?"

"Believe in them?" The curiosity building inside Hazel was eating her inside out.

Michael thought about it, "No," He replied.

"Okay."

So, I was right. She really is a human, after all. Michael thought and Hazel thought about the same thing.

They were both humans.

However, they were both wrong.

Okay first of all, WHO ELSE THINKS THAT MICHAEL IS HELLA HOT!?? Also, thoughts on this chapter, please?

Question:

Have you read my second story or nah?

(If you haven't, then go read it! It's on my profile.)