Chapter 8. Finding a job

"The most beautiful thing you can wear is confidence."
-Blake Lively

Chapter 8. Finding a job

Hazel brought her mug towards her lips and sipped onto it with the newspaper in other hand. She checked the advertising section at the bottom of the last page to see if there were some jobs available for her to apply for with a decent wage. There were some jobs: waitress required, teachers required, hosts required and what not. All of them were decent enough but none which caught her eye. And she wasn't in critical financial condition anyways so why haste? Although she would have to return the money to Scarlet and Gavin.

She wanted to do something- business. A personal assistant, secretary, perhaps? She grinned at the thought of her walking around, holding files in her new pencil skirt with her glasses on her nose and her bun held tightly by pins, looking chic than ever. Making up her mind, she continued looking. She had went to the market and bought the latest up to date newspapers. Trailing her finger along the words, she could see all sorts of jobs available but none that fitted her interests.

She felt her phone buzz and she opened it to see that it was a message from Scarlet.

Scarlet- 9.45 am

How'd the shopping spree go?

Hazel- 9.46 am

It went great! I bought lots of clothes. For the first time in forever, I missed you screaming in my ear and forcing me to try dresses on :P

Scarlet- 9.46 am

Hahaha...See, I knew you'd miss me one day or another :* Thinking of doing a job, yet? :

Hazel- 9.47 am

Ugh, can't find one. :(

Scarlet- 9.48 am

I'll help ya ;)

Hazel- 9.49 am

Nooo...you've helped me enough...I don't want so many favors from you...

Scarlet- 9.56 am

I asked Gavin for help. He has you appointed for an interview at Wood Enterprises for 9 in the morning tomorrow. It's the job as a position of personal assistant. Your welcome ;)

Hazel- 9.58

Ugh, you're the best best friend ever. I luv you so much <3

Scarlet- 9.59 am

I know, right? I luv you too :*

Hazel chuckled at her cockiness.

9 o' clock tomorrow.

Tomorrow!

Holy Crap! Hazel thought. I might actually have a chance here!

Excitedly, Hazel ran to her room and opened the cupboard with such great force that it would have come right off its hinges. She stood in front of it, judging which one would appeal to the boss. She took out many, but shook her head and hung them back inside. She placed her finger on her lip and thought deeply. Finally, she settled on a black pencil skirt and paired it with a white shirt and a black coat which came with the skirt. She took out black colored heels and a black clutch. Lastly, she opened her drawer and took out some gold jewelry and put them aside, along with her wrist watch which she would wear tomorrow.

 Lastly, she opened her drawer and took out some gold jewelry and put them aside, along with her wrist watch which she would wear tomorrow

(Above picture is of what Hazel would wear for her interview. I do not own the picture!)

She glanced at the clock and saw that it was half past five in the evening so she spent the rest of the day tidying her small apartment up before she imagined how she would fill it up, had dinner and went to sleep.

**********

"I don't need a personal assistant!" Micheal's hand slammed the desk with great force as he tried to make his point clear to his best friend in front of him who looked calm and collected. Michael, on the other hand, was fuming with rage and anger. How dare he publish an advertisement without consulting him!

"Come on, Mikey." Dylan started. "Why wouldn't you? Everyone needs a helping hand. And a sexy secretary around them." He said and winked at him, only to make him angrier than he already was.

"I can do it all by myself! I have been doing it all by MYSELF!" He raged.

"I'm not buying any of it. Interviews start at 9 tomorrow and you have to do this. Plus, I checked your schedule and you have nothing else to do anyways." He shrugged.

Micheal pinched the bridge of his nose and shook his head. "Fine. I'll do it." He gave in. "But, I won't be nice."

"You never are nice, Micheal." Dylan remarked.

Micheal just shrugged with a smirk dancing across his lips.

*TIME SKIP*

Hazel woke up earlier than usual, excitement bubbling in the pit of her stomach. She took her time in showering, rubbing soap all over her body, making sure she smelt good. Walking out, she blow dried her hair and used half of her hair to make a flower braid before pinning it up and let the other half of her hair flow freely down her shoulders. She put her jewelry on applied a light shade of red lipstick with a little mascara and eyeliner to make her hazel eyes pop out. Contented with her look, she walked out of her apartment before locking it and threw the keys in her purse. She smiled at Luciana and decided to make small conversation to her, knowing that she had a lot of time left.

"Luciana, hey!" She greeted.

"Oh, hi kiddo. You look professional today. Where you headed?" She asked as she examined Hazel up and down.

"Just a job interview." Hazel shrugged.

"Where?" She asked.

"Wood Enterprises." Luciana's jaw dropped and a horrified expression crossed her face.

"What position?" She asked Hazel.

"Personal assistant." Hazel replied to her question.

"Oh, dear." She mumbled. "I would advise you too look out, dear. He's a real player here. Plus, I've heard he's really arrogant and a bastard. He has no emotions and his heart is made up of ice. I just wish you luck, dear." She smiled and walked away.

"Welp." Her wolf, Silver, gulped.

"Welp, indeed." Hazel agreed.

Hazel walked out of the apartment before she walked on the main road, hailed a cab and sat inside.

"Where to, ma'am?"

She second guessed her idea. Did she really want to go?

Well, if he thinks he is a matchless cold hearted bastard then he has not yet met Hazel Grayson! Silver assured her.

Feeling confident than ever, she spoke out loud enough for the driver to hear, "Wood Enterprises."

Hey lovies!! Who else wished they had a best friend like Scarlet?

*raises hand* sorry to all my bff's out there :P

Anyways, thoughts on this chapter, pleasee?

Oh and tell me if you want me to add something, I'd gladly do.

*Special shoutout to @SamiullahHattar *

Please vote and comment!

Question:

Android or I-phone?