Chapter 18. The blonde bitch

"I love you the more in that I believe you had liked me for my own sake and for nothing else."
-John Keats

Chapter 18. The Blonde Bitch.

Finally, it was the day of the celebration and Hazel was over the moon and very excited to wear the new dress she had bought for the evening.

Of course, she was also very proud to hear about the successes of the organisation which was managing the event and very eager to see the ecstatic faces of the little stars which got the chance to study in schools and try to fulfill their dreams and ambitions.

She had already bought her dress from her third months salary, even though Michael had insisted that she take his credit card. 

It was a purple colored gown with embroidery on it. The gown flowed freely to her toes and she paired it with purple colored earrings and silver heels.The back was open a little making her feel slightly chilly but other than that, she loved the way she looked. (Picture below ^-^)

All ready with her hair tied in a swirly bun and her makeup on point, she was scrolling through her finances and bills ec cetra when she remembered that she had to call Scarlet and Gavin to and thank them for the favors they had done for them, eve...

All ready with her hair tied in a swirly bun and her makeup on point, she was scrolling through her finances and bills ec cetra when she remembered that she had to call Scarlet and Gavin to and thank them for the favors they had done for them, even though she had like a thousand times. She still felt like it wasn't enough, though. Hadn't it been for them, she would have probably been lying on the streets and would have never landed herself in a job at Woods Enterprises, an international millionaire company.

She sniffed, a tear threatening to escape her eye as she missed her best friend. Realizing that her perfect eyeliner would mess up, she stood up and went to the kitchen to distract her from her thoughts. She looked at the clock and noticed that it was time for Michael to come pick her up. She filled her glass with water and just then, she heard a car horn and looked out the window to see that it was Michael's car.

Quickly gulping down the water, she grabbed her clutch and opened her front door to find him standing there with all his glory. He was wearing a nice Armani suit and his hand was on his tie as he fixed it a little, the veins on the back of his hand pumping. He had cleared away his five o'clock subtle and a very masculine aura radiated off of him.

Unconsciously, Hazel found herself staring at the beauty in front of her before she forced her eyes away from him. She noticed that he was also staring at her, looking her up and down and she blushed. She stepped out without uttering a word and locked the door. Facing him again, she realized that he had not torn his gaze away from her and she cleared her throat to get his attention.

"Shall we go?" She said, nodding towards the car which was still turned on.

"Um- yes, sorry." He cleared his throat. "This way, Ms. Grayson."

Soon, they reached the hall and Hazel awed at the surroundings. It was an incredibly huge hall with a stage at the front. The seats were lined up and a pack of balloons was tied to each table with ribbons trailing to the end. All the seats had a name on them and they walked up to see that theirs was at the very front along with some other influential business men and women.

 All the seats had a name on them and they walked up to see that theirs was at the very front along with some other influential business men and women

Michael put her hand on the small of her back and guided her to the table. She was about to hold out her chair to sit on it but Michael beat her to it. As she was sitting down, Michael passed her his million dollar smile making Hazel blush fifty shades of red.

I don't know about fifty shades of red, but I would definitely love some fifty shades of Grey action from that guy! Her wolf purred, making Hazel blush some more.

"I'll be right back, Ms. Grayson," Michael whispered in her ear before he strode confidently to a bunch of men talking at the bar.

What are we supposed to do now? Her wolf asked her.

We could play candy crush, Hazel replied, shrugging lightly.

You're kidding me, right? She could imagine her wolf making an annoyed face at her, frowning and giving her the "Are-you-stupid?" look.

We'll look around then, Hazel replied and her wolf immediately agreed. She stood up and aimlessly walked around the hall. 

She stopped by the food table to get some punch which she poured into a glass and drank, taking her time. She was looking around before she noticed that a bunch of women were walking up to her.

Oh yay, friends! Hazel said to her wolf.

They hardly seem like they're coming over for friendship, girl, Her wolf replied. It was true though. She counted them to be about three in total. All of which had heavy makeup on, clinging dresses with more than half of their body exposed, six inch silhouette heels, and a resting bitch face.

Let's not judge them, Hazel said in her head.

"Hi, my name's Haze-"

"Zip it!" The blonde at the front snapped at her. Hazel felt dumbfounded. Guess her wolf was right, they were those mean bitches from high school.

Well two can play that game, Her wolf grinned at her.

"I just wanted to let you know, that no matter how cheap clothes you buy to make yourself look pretty, no matter how much makeup you put on and no matter how much confident you feel of yourself, you're ugly. Michael would never even bat his eye at a girl like you. Oh and, he loves me so keep off my man, you desperate whore," The blonde finished her speech and smirked. 

Hazel tried to keep herself in composure but she was burning with rage on the inside. Who the heck does she think she is? Coming over to me and calling me a desperate whore? I'm still a virgin, for the moon goddess's sake! 

I wonder if her legs have ever been closed, Her wolf remarked.

She decided going against fighting that blonde bitch, knowing very well than to cause a scene here. Plus, if she wants Michael that bad then she can have him. It's not like Hazel and Michael are romantically involved with each other. Her wolf, however, did not like the idea.

"Whatever, bitch," She mumbled and walked back towards her table. As soon as she sat, the lights turned dim and she realized that the show was starting.