Chapter 11: Mates are like soulmates.

Ryan's POV:

I arrived home at 4 to check on my angel, just like I promised. But when I saw the front door wide open and not a trace of her scent in the house, I lost it.

I ran inside the house, hoping my smell was wrong and that she was in the house. I searched every room and every bathroom, I even screamed her name but there was no sign of her. My Lou, where did she go? I just hope she's safe.

'Lorraine is gone I want everyone to search for her. NO EXCEPTIONS' I mind linked the pack, I needed everyone to search for her, I had to find her.

Maybe it's time to tell her the whole truth...But I was going to tell her everything after I find out what happened.

'But what if she knows the truth and ran away because of it?' Well I'm not giving up on her, and plus the mate-bond should fucking help me attract her not push her away.

The thought of her escaping made my heart ache.

I shifted immediately into a wolf and ran in the direction where I could smell her scent, it could fade any moment now that's why I ran faster. Fortunately her smell was becoming stronger and stronger, that's how I knew I was on the right track.

All I could think about at the moment was her, where could she go? She couldn't find the town this easily so she must be stuck in the forest. I did not give a fuck if she saw me shift, I just wanted her to come back...

I'm thanking the moon Goddess that my house is in the middle of the woods because Lou wouldn't go so far, she would get lost because of all those trees.

After I ran for almost three hours now, I finally sensed her presence. Theo my beta and Simon the third in command joined me about an hour ago, we suddenly stopped in the middle of nowhere because we knew she was here, but we still couldn't find her. I could sense her breathing becoming louder and louder.

I then tilted my head up a little bit, and I couldn't believe it. The sky was a little dark now, the trees were mostly covering it, and on one of the branches, way up a tree, my angel was sleeping peacefully. Her back was pressed to the trunk, her legs resting on the branch and her head tilting to the front, her beautiful chocolate brown eyes were closed and her chest was moving slowly up and down.

'Why did she escape?' Was all I could think about.

'We found her guys, you can return back to the pack house.' Theo telepathically said to the pack.

I shifted into my human form while Theo and Simon stayed in their wolf form. I was butt naked but fuck if I cared. All I wanted to do was take her home with me.

I started climbing the tree, slowly approaching her, trying my best not to make any noise and wake her up. When I arrived to her branch and circled my arms around her waist, she opened her eyes immediately and started screaming when she saw me.

She couldn't stop moving, trying to escape from me. When we were half-way down the tree she jumped which made her scream in pain, her leg was still not completely recovered and it pained her when she landed harshly on it. It hurt me even more to look at her in pain.

She started running again but Theo and Simon encircled her, she tried backing away but her back slammed into a tree.

"AHHHHH! You gottta be shitting me! Help me, help me please!" She cried.

Taking this as an opportunity she started climbing the tree but I came in time and wrapped my arms around her waist pushing her down to fall into my arms. I held her tight this time, she didn't stop trashing around. Why was she doing this.