-9

"Oh my god."

Melanie and Emilia stood in front of the building, Emilia looked up to the blonde in shock. The building was full of people from their school and people were still arriving. The abandoned arcade building was decked out in fairy lights and decorations that Emilia loved, Emilia smiled at the effort Melanie put into the party.

"Isn't it amazing!" Melanie beamed with a smile, her arm linked with Emilia's.

"Theres so many people." Emilia blurted, "I don't even know half of these people."

"I mean i did invite the whole school." Melanie shrugged, smoothing out her purple mini dress.

"Melanie!" Emilia groaned, remembering telling Melanie that she didn't even want a party, "How did you even manage to find this place?"

"My dad owns it, i figured it would be the best place for a party." Melanie answered,noticing Derek approaching them "I'm going to leave you to it, birthday girl."

"You came!"Emilia said happily once Derek reached her.

"I'm not going to miss my girlfriends birthday." Derek replied looking at the party in front of them "For someone who hates parties this is a pretty big one."

"It wasn't my idea." Emilia admitted, playing with the bottom of her baby pink flowy mini dress.

"Well, your party awaits miss Bennett." Derek said in a sing song voice, taking ahold of Emilia's hand.

"Ugh dont remind me." Emilia sighed, letting Derek drag her into the party.

"You missed your grand entrance! whatever you were doing, it better be worth it." Camden exclaimed, calming down as he noticed Derek stood next to her.

"Definitely worth it." Camden smirked, turning back to the crowd of teenagers dancing "I'm going to, uh, go."

"Come on." Derek led her over the Photo Booth in the corner.

"How did you know?" Emilia asked in surprise, wondering how he knew thats where she wanted to go.

"You wouldn't stop staring at it when we first walked in." Derek shrugged, pressing go on the screen "ready?"

"Silly!" Emilia instructed as the two of them pulled silly faces, Derek glowed his golden eyes as the as the flash went so it didn't cause a light beam on the photos, a trick Peter taught him when he was younger.

"Cute!" Emilia smiled to the camera as she leaned her head on Derek's shoulder.

Emilia turned to face Derek smiling as she placed her lips against his, the two of them forgetting that the photos were being taken. Emilia let out a laugh as Derek placed kisses down her cheek onto her neck, both of them pulling away as the final photo took.

"I think its time we joined the party

"I think its time we joined the party." Derek spoke up as they exited the booth, Emilia placing the photo in her clutch bag hanging down next to her hips.