| 8

"Where have you two been?" Emilia asked noticing the two boys walk into the kitchen, Emilia closed her laptop standing up to walk over to them.

"We went to see the sheriff." Derek replied, motioning for Isaac to walk forward.

"Why were you guys with Noah?" Emilia questioned, taking the papers from Isaac as he handed them over "Whats this?"

"Isaac..." Emilia started, realising what she was holding.

"Are you sure this is what you want? adoption is forever

"Are you sure this is what you want? adoption is forever." Emilia asked nervously, walking over to the table.

Derek explained to Noah about Isaac, most of it the sheriff already knew after knowing Emilia for many years. Seeing as they were both eighteen and could legally adopt a child, Noah pulled some strings and made it possible for them to do without any hassle.

"I don't want to be with anybody else." Isaac nodded, "I want to be with you guys, you're my parents not any body else."

Emilia smiled looking down at the papers, adopting Isaac was something she'd always dreamed of but she never thought it would actually happen. Emilia and Derek would have full rights of Isaac, not just some, meaning he would never have to step foot near his father ever again.

"How did you get your dad to sign this?" Emilia questioned once she finished writing her signature, moving to hand the pen over to Derek.

"I asked very nicely when we went to get Isaac's stuff." Derek lied, covering Isaac's ears with his hands "I broke his arm so he would sign it."

Derek would've done anything for Isaac's happiness, breaking his birth fathers arm was nothing in Derek's opinion.

"Well." Emilia smiled, waiting for Derek to finish writing his signature "welcome to the family, Isaac Bennett-Hale."

Isaac had been part of Emilia's family the day he was born, but now it was officially her and Derek's family. Derek and Emilia were his new family, despite them being werewolves, he couldn't be happier.

"Okay I'm pulling a Melissa and saying its photo time!" Emilia squealed running over to find her camera.

"No!" Derek and Isaac groaned, watching Emilia run around the dining room.

"Yes!" Emilia disagreed, waiting for them to pose "This is the most important day ever, it has to be documented."