| 7

"I cant wait till i graduate." Isaac admitted, putting Emilia's graduation cap on his head.

"Um, you're not growing up anytime soon." Emilia laughed taking the blue cap off Isaac's messy curls, pulling the 10 year old into a hug  "You have to stay little forever!"

"I have to go to high school, i have to continue the Hale legacy." Isaac pointed out, Emilia rolled her eyes turning to face her boyfriend stood in the kitchen eating cereal.

"Really?" Emilia chuckled, Derek smiled walking over to the two of them

Derek and Isaac had joked around about Isaac taking over his sports legacy when he goes to high school, Bobby Finstock was all for it after ease-dropping on their conversation.

"i'll be back soon." Emilia told the two boys, standing up from the chair "Isaac don't make any promises to Derek!"

"Okay!" Isaac called out after her.

"Can i help you?" Emilia glared, realising her mother stood in the doorway.

"I'm leaving town." Karen stated, moving out the way as Emilia walked out of the house.

"Am i supposed to act surprised?" Emilia questioned, looking over to her mother with a bored expression.

"Actually, am i surprised!" Emilia joked, pointing at the woman "You bothered to say goodbye."

"You're not the girl i raised." Karen shot, looking at her daughter in disgust.

"Yeah I'm not, because you didn't raise me." Emilia corrected in a bored tone.

"My daughter was a human, not a werewolf." Karen continued to argue, staring at her daughter with a dark glint in her eyes.

"Your daughter would be dead if she wasn't a werewolf." Emilia added, sighing in annoyance.

Emilia jumped as Karen pulled out a gun, holding it out pointing her daughter. Emilia knew her mother was once a hunter, but she didn't think she would actually try to kill her. Emilia ducked as the bullet flew past her, piercing through the front door.

"Holy shit!" Emilia exclaimed, backing away from the hunter "Are you insane?"

"Stay here." Derek told the ten year old, jumping up from the sofa once he heard the gunshot.

Derek looked over Jason knowing they were thinking the same thing, whenever Karen and Emilia were alone something bad was bound to happen. The two werewolves made their way to the doorway of the living room quickly, stopping once they heard Isaac's voice.

"Is Emilia okay?" Isaac asked worriedly, knowing Emilia was outside.

"She's fine, stay with Peter." Derek replied, looking over to his uncle with a worried glance.