| 5

"That's my mom." Derek passed the ball to Isaac once he heard the phone ringing inside, jogging into the house.

While the others claimed to be 'settling themselves in' to the house, Derek, Emilia and Isaac had been playing basketball outside. Emilia cheered once Isaac threw the ball into the basket, throwing her hands up in the air.

Isaac turned to face Emilia with a smile but it suddenly faded into fear

"I'm not here to hurt you." Chris surrendered, dropping his gun to the floor before attempting to approach the werewolf.

"What do you want?" Emilia backed away, holding Isaac's hand tightly as he stood behind her "Last time i checked your family was trying to kill mine. Whats stopping you from killing me right now?"

"My family has a code, unlike them i actually stick to it." Chris explained, stepping over his gun "You can trust me Emilia."

"Why should i?" Emilia questioned, looking up at the hunter.

"I used to be friends with your mother, until she spiralled out of control." Chris continued to explain,  "I heard about all the things she did to you, you didn't deserve that."

Karen and Chris were good friends many years ago, way before she changed into the woman she was today. When Chris found out she was pregnant with a werewolf's baby he was there for her every step of the way, despite seeing the hunter slowly change into a person he didn't like.

"I'm not a threat to you or your family." Chris looked down at the message on his phone from his sister asking where he was, "But my family aren't far away, i'd get him out of here before he gets hurt."

Chris wanted to help Emilia, he felt partial guilty that he wasn't there for her when Karen went off the rails. So by earning her trust would make Chris' guilt slowly fade away.

"Chris." Emilia turned back around to face the hunter, placing her hand on Isaac's shoulder "Thank you."

Emilia knew he wasn't a danger to her family, but she wasn't going to trust him completely just yet.

"Lets go." Emilia smiled down at the boy, making sure to keep him close as they walked through the trees towards the house.

"Isaac don't move." Emilia told the boy seriously, Isaac nodded hiding behind Emilia as the men walked forward.

"Step away boys, i wouldn't mess with a wolf's cub." Kate spoke up, Emilia sighed in annoyance looking up to the hunter.

"Oh how things would be different if you didn't get turned into a monster." Kate continued, letting out a murderous laugh as Emilia growled  "You might've actually had a chance to be a great hunter like your mother was."

"She's not my mother." Emilia stated glowing her golden eyes at the hunter, completely oblivious to her eyes flashing blue before turning back to golden "Now i warned you once about coming after my family, now it should be you thats going into hiding."