Christian Borle x Reader

You are currently sitting outside, in the winter on the Staten Island Ferry with your hands covering your face. You had to get out of her house and calm down because your boyfriend was being ridiculous. You really didn't like him much, but he's rich and handsome your parents are making you date him. They think that you're incapable of finding someone that is suitable for you, but that's not true. You keep thinking about all the dumb stuff that he kept saying. It just made you so angry. Outside was very crowded, dispite the bitter cold, and you were taking up a lot of space on the bench on the ferry. As you moped around a little bit more, someone tapped your shoulder. You looked up and saw someone bundled up in a waterproof snow jacket like yours, a scarf, and a warm winter hat. The man looked very familiar to you. As you were trying to figure out who he was, he snapped you out of your daze as you heard him ask a question and saw him take his hat off.

"Excuse me, miss?"

"What? Oh sorry. I dazed off a bit there."

"Daydreaming about me? Aw am I really that handsome?"

"Oh, no I wasn't looking at you like that. You aren't THAT, well . . . I mean you are but -"

"Hey, hey I'm just kidding, don't worry about it. Anyway, can I sit next to you? I haven't been in the ferry in years and I wanted to be outside."

"Of course. Actually it's probably a lot quieter and less crowded at the bottom level outside. I'm going to head there, I recommend that over having to sit near all of these tourists. You can follow if you'd like."

"Sure, but why did you sit here in the first place if you don't like it up here?"

"Im just so angry that I didn't pay attention to where I was going."

"What's wrong?"

"I'm having some trouble with the 'boyfriend' and I just wanted to get away from him. Hopefully never see his face again, but that probably won't happen."

"Why did you put him in air quotes?"

"My parents are making me date him. I honestly hate his guts."

"Oh . . . Ok then. Anyway let's head downstairs."

"Good idea."

You headed downstairs with the man and reached the back bottom deck. You sat on the floor against a pole and he sat across from you, leaning on the other pole. You smiled at him and realized you didn't know his name.

"I'm sorry, but I never caught your name!"

"It's Christian."

"I'm (Y/N), nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you as well"

You both leaned forward and shook hands. You began to remember who this man is, and a small smile formed on your face. You took out your phone, turned yourself around and leaned on Christian's legs. You took a quick selfie with him on Snapchat, making a silly face which made him chuckle. For the caption you wrote

"Bumped into this guy on the ferry, he made my day so much better. Thanks Christian :)"

You showed him the caption and he smiled and looked at you. You looked back at him and you smiled as well. This was the first time you really smiled in a while. Something was really great about this guy, you knew there was something special about him.

"You seem happy. Did I really make your day that much better?"

"You know, I've been under so much stress and having to deal with the 'boyfriend's' crap, I haven't been be very happy recently. Now that I'm talking to someone nice for a change, I'm finally feeling a little happy. Sorry if it sounds cheesy."