Emmett Forrest x Reader

Author's note:
So I'm basing this off of something that is happening to me rn. I'm having my first crush and the kid liked me back, but he's going through what Emmett is going through in this story. I hope that something happens soon, but all I can do is wait. I will wait for this because I really like him a lot, and if something does happen between us, he will be my first date/ boyfriend and the thought of that makes me all giddy. I'm 16 I hink I'm ready for this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Summer breaks are the best. It's two months that you can do whatever you want. I've been traveling a lot. I went to Dubai and Australia and it was amazing. I love spending time with myself, but I don't have a lot of friends, so it gets lonely. But that changed about a month into summer break. Somehow, an intern at Harvard Law named Emmett Forest got a hold of my Snapchat. I didn't even know that he had one. We talked a bit and decided to hang out one day. We met up and it wasn't even awkward. We had a ton in common and we just got along. He was very nice and I know that he is insanely smart too. He's also very cute. I wasn't into him too much though. Since then, he gave me his number and we've been texting a ton! I've heard rumors that he liked me for some time, but I never actually thought about it until now. The first day back at school, my friend (F/N) and I were talking. She just got a boyfriend iver the summer. It's strange how they are together because eshe is the quietest person in the school and he is the loudest. I don't get it, but they are adorable. So it was the end of the first day and I gave Emmett a big hug. Jackson, (Y/N) boyfriend looked at me strangely.

"You don't have to answer this if you don't want to, but are you and Emmett a thing?"

"No, why?"

"He totally likes you, you know that?"

"How do you know?"

"I was the closest thing he had to a friend before he started talking to you. He tells me a lot of stuff."

"Oh."

"What would you do if he sked you out?"

"I would probably say yes. I've never had a crush before, but I'm feeling a little something for him. He's smart, he's nice, and he is very cute. How could I say no to him?"

"Good, because I'm going to do everything I can to get you two together."

"Ok"

(F/N), Jackson and I hung out after school for a little bit. While we were just chilling, Jackson was texting Emmett. He looked at me with a concerned expression.

"What is it?"

"I just remembered. Emmett had a pretty difficult summer and he's still trying to deal with a nasty breakup. I was just texting him and this is what he said to me. So he said he likes you but as you may know he had a rough summer and wants to have some time where he's single. He just wants to hang out for now and let things progress naturally really. So just be natural around him and when the time is right all the good things will just happen."

"Alright, I respect that. It would be nice to get closer with him anyway."

"Yeah. I think you guys would be great. Just, if you get together, promise me one thing."

"What?"

"Don't hurt him. His last relationship was terrible and he's not very comfortable about the whole thing right now, even though he said that he wants to try to be in another relationship."

"I would never purposely hurt him. I like Emmett a lot and I want him to be happy."

"Alright, just letting you know."