The one with the homecoming

-March 21, 2012-

I woke up early this morning for my classes and I actually woke up quickly which surprised me. It's probably because I'm super excited for tonight. Now, you might be thinking 'Kaitlyn Swift what the heck are you talking about?' well my friends, tonight is the night Taylor comes home from her Speak Now tour. I haven't seen her in almost a month and I miss her like crazy. I threw on some jeans with a crappy looking paint shirt. I left my glasses on and threw on my white converse before grabbing my bag and running out the door. I stopped at Starbucks for a coffee and croissant before driving to campus. I parked my car in front of the theatre building and walked inside. I went up a floor and found my scenic design classroom and went inside. I sat by some of my friends and we talked until class started. We got to work designing the sets for the student run musical which was Beauty and the Beast. I was leading the set design team and it's hella stressful! I grabbed my folder and gave everyone their assignments. Today we're painting sets for Be Our Guest and there is so much to do. We split up and I walked to the stack of plates that needed to be painted. I grabbed one and sat down on the floor next to my friend Ally. We began painting the blocks of set material a bright white color.

"Hey Kaitlyn!" Someone called from across the room.

"What!" I yelled back.

"We've got an emergency over here!" They replied.

"Crap," I muttered, getting up to see what was going on. I walked over and saw the guys I had assigned to it, working on the background set.

"What happened?" I asked, not seeing any problems. Suddenly someone came up from behind me and threw their hands over my eyes. "What? Who?"

"Miss me?" They said in my ear.

"TAYLOR!" I said excitedly, turning around to be face to face with my sister.

"Hey," she smiled as I launched myself onto her.

"What are you doing here, I thought you weren't going to be home until later tonight?" I asked, putting her at arms length.

"It's almost like you didn't want me here quite yet. Were you going to throw a party?" She asked.

"What no! Taylor I'm serious, what are you doing here?" I asked.

"I got an earlier flight because I just wanted to come home," she replied.

"I've missed you so much!" I said, giving her another hug.

"I missed you more," she said.

"Not possible," I muttered.

"So how was Austin's birthday?" She asked, smirking since I had already told her about my confetti cannon.

"Great, well as great as it could've been without my partner in crime," I said, nudging her with my shoulder.

"Kaitlyn! I need your help!" Someone called from behind me somewhere.

"Ugh, Taylor any chance you want to help paint tupperware?" I sighed.

"What?" She said, confusion evident on her face.

"For the musical, we're painting the props and sets for Be Our Guest and we're way behind schedule," I explained.

"Oh, uh, sure why not!" She said, shrugging her shoulders.

"Perfect, come with me," I said, leading her to where we were painting plates.

"Just paint the bases of these white," I said. She sat down and I walked away to see how everyone else was doing. I came back to find her deeply engrossed in painting the base white. I stuck the tip of my finger into the paint and walked behind her. I bent down over the back of her head and tapped her nose with the paint before sitting next to her. I grabbed a can of red paint to start on the embellishments of the plates when there was a red substance dripping down my nose. I look over to see Taylor with a finger full of red paint and a sneaky smile on her face. I shake my head as I grabbed a smaller brush, not having time for a paint war, and started the designs on the plates.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

We got home around 1:30 this afternoon when I decided that we were done painting for the day and that it was time to go home. Really though, I just wanted to do something other than painting with Taylor. We both ran to our separate showers and changed into comfy clothes.

"So, what should we do?" Taylor asked, sitting down next to me on the couch.

"Umm," I said, thinking. "I don't know, you're the one that's been gone for the last month, what do you want to do?"

"Mall?" She smiled at me.

"Fine," I sighed, getting off the couch to go change.

"Yes!" She cheered since I never go to the mall with her. It's just not my thing.

I changed into some dark wash skinny jeans and a white flowy shirt. I threw on my olive green jacket with the sleeves rolled to just below my elbows. I threw on a gold dream catcher styled necklace and some grayish-brown booties. I grabbed my wristlet and stuck some sunglasses on the top of my head before meeting a well dressed Taylor at the door. She was wearing dark blue jeans with a white shirt and a navy blue blazer. She had some black sunglasses on and, of course, bright red lipstick. We got into my car and I drove us to the nearest mall which of course was like a 15 minute drive away because why wouldn't it be? It is New York City after all. So we're on sixth avenue now and I'm trying to make my way through all of the stupid traffic.

"Life would be so much easier if we could just take the subway like normal people," I muttered.

"What?" Taylor said, looking at me.

"Nothing," I lied, shaking my head.

"Whatever," she said after giving me a questioning look.

"Oh my actual fricking god, no one drives in this city!" I said angrily, throwing my hands in the air.

"Kait calm down, we have time," she said.

"Drive! People, drive for god sakes!" I said, leaning back in my seat.

"Do we need to switch seats!" Taylor said, narrowing her eyes at me.

"No," I said quietly, sinking into my seat.

Someone honked their horn from behind me and I stuck my hand out of the car and flicked them off.

"Kaitlyn!" Taylor said, glancing through the back window before sinking into her seat and covering her face.

"Oh be quiet Taylor I do that all the time," I laughed to myself. She didn't think it was very funny however. She launched into a lecture about proper road manners and I tuned her out while honking the horn once every car except the one in front of me started moving. We drove at snails pace for the next 10 minutes until we finally arrived at the Manhattan Mall. I parked our car and we got out and walked into the hoards of paparazzi. I stayed close to Taylor and she grabbed my hand just in case.

We walked into the Express store and casually looked around the women's section. I looked at some tops while Taylor looked at the casual dresses. I had found a few tops I liked that were in my size and some for Taylor as well. For me, I had two flannels, a sweater, zip up sweatshirt, and a sweatshirt without a hood. In my other hand I had 2 sweaters, a dressy top, and a casual button down all for Taylor. I walked over to her and saw that she had also pulled out some stuff and she had stuff in both hand which meant some of it was for me. Sigh.

"Hey Kait this dress would look so good on you," Taylor gushed, holding it against me. It was a white dress with a blue pattern on it. I shrugged my shoulders and we walked to the dressing rooms. "At least try it on."

"Fine," I sighed taking my stuff from her and handing her the stuff I had picked out for her.

We got adjoining dressing rooms and I put the dress on. I walked out at the same time as Taylor and she looked so cute in her navy blue dress that had small white polka dots all over it.

"That looks so cute!" We both said at the same time causing us both to erupt into giggles.

"Next dress," Taylor said as we went back into the rooms.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

We spent the rest of the day shopping and brought home way to many clothes. After putting them all away, we changed into pajamas and cozied together on the couch watching Friends reruns and eating popcorn. Today was a good day and I'm so glad to have my sister back home.