The one with the chocolate

I totally forgot on Friday because I was on vacation sorry!

-July 5, 2013-

"Kait, wake up," Taylor said, shaking me.

"Why?" I groaned, still tired from our party yesterday.

"Austin's here," Taylor said.

"Shit," I said, jumping out of bed. "I totally forgot to set my alarm, tell him I'll be there in ten minutes."

I grabbed a pair of shorts and a red tank top that said 'Miss Independent' on it before running into the bathroom. I brushed my teeth, changed my clothes, and brushed my hair out before running to grab my shoes and bag.

"Austin, I'm so sorry, I forgot to set my alarm," I said, running to him while trying to slide my shoes on. I almost fell over when I felt Austin's arms wrap around me in order to keep me standing. "Thanks."

"Calm down Kait, it's fine," Austin laughed placing a kiss on the side of my head.

"Where are you guys going?" Taylor asked.

"I don't know, he won't tell me," I said, playfully smacking Austin's shoulder.

"It's a surprise," Austin smirked.

"Tell me," Taylor said.

Austin clamped his hands over my ears before leaning towards Taylor and whispering something into her ear.

"Ooh fun," Taylor smiled as Austin removed his hands from my ears.

"No fair, why does she get to know?" I whined.

"You'll find out soon, let's go," Austin said, grabbing my hand.

We walked down to the parking garage and got into Austin's silver Mercedes. He opened my door and I stepped in, saying a corny 'thank you sir' to my lovely boyfriend.

"So, as part of your surprise for today, you can have... the aux cord," he said, handing me the white cord while bowing his head.

"Wow, how thoughtful of you," I laughed, taking the cord out of his outstretched hand. I plugged it into my phone and turned on the Love Pop playlist off of Spotify. The first song that played was I'm Yours by Jason Mraz.

"I love this song, babe," Austin said, turning the volume up as he pulled out of the garage and down the street.

"Me too," I agreed, singing along to the song.

But I won't hurt cause I'll take no more, no more it can not wait I'm yours

"Your voice is amazing, Kait, you know that?" Austin told me, placing his hand over mine on my thigh.

"Thanks, Aus, that means a lot," I said, giving his hand a light squeeze.

"Okay, now we have a bit of a long drive ahead of us so sit back, relax, and enjoy the Mahone car service," Austin said cheekily, laying his head against the seat.

"You're such a weirdo," I laughed.

"But I'm your weirdo and you love it," he joked.

"You know I do," I said, placing a kiss on his cheek.

I sat back in my seat and turned the music up. This could be a long ride for all I know.

Austin's POV

I look to my right to find Kaitlyn asleep in the seat next to me. I laugh at how cute she looks before turning my attention back to the road. I took the next few hours to think about everything in my life. I thought about how much better my life has been since Kaitlyn came into my life. My thoughts molded together until I began to think about what my friend Maggie told me a few weeks ago. I feel bad about not telling Kaitlyn about it, but she'd just get mad or nervous about it. I don't know what to do, though. Is it worth giving everything up? I'm in a pretty great place right now with my career and my relationship status, and I just don't know if I can afford to let that go.