The one with the distance

-June 27, 2013-

Kaitlyn's POV

"Hey, it's Austin, leave a message at the annoyingly high pitched beep and I'll try and respond."

I groaned as I listened to the voicemail that I had heard at least ten times in the past few days.

"What's wrong?" Taylor asked, walking into the front of the bus where I was sitting at a table.

"Nothing, I just haven't talked to Austin in a couple days because we're so busy," I said, twirling my phone around in my lap.

"Aw, babe, don't worry, you're schedules will line up soon and you can talk for hours," Taylor said, wrapping her arms around my neck from behind my chair.

"Thanks, Tay," I said, hugging her arms.

Just as we separated, my phone rang. I jumped to grab my phone, hoping that it was Austin calling.

"Austin?" Taylor asked.

"No, it's Hailee," I said, answering the call.

"Hey, Hails, what's up?" I said into the phone.

"Nothing much, I got a break in filming and wanted to talk to someone," Hailee told me.

"What's going on?" I asked her.

"I don't know, what's going on with you? Your life is a lot more interesting than mine right now, Miss Traveling-the-World-with-Her-Famous-Sister," Hailee laughed.

"Okay, sure, Miss Filming-Four-Movies-In-One-Year," I joked.

"Whatever, how's it going with you and Austin?" Hailee asked.

"Eh, I don't really know, we've both been so busy these past few days that I haven't really talked to him since he left," I replied.

"Really? I'm surprised you guys aren't talking 24/7 like last time he was away," Hailee said.

"Yeah, he's been really busy, I guess," I shrugged. "He said his management has been all over him about how much he's gone."

"It kind of sounds like they don't want him to be with you," Hailee thought out loud.

"What?" I asked.

"What? Never mind, I'm sure that's not true," Hailee said.

"Wait, what if that's true? Maybe that's why he's not calling me," I panicked.

"Kaitlyn, calm down, that's probably not what's going on. He probably just is busy with recording and everything," Hailee said.

"Yeah, you're probably right, I'm just nervous that something happened," I said, taking a deep breath. "I saw something that said he went out for coffee with another girl the other day."

"Kaitlyn, he would never cheat on you, he loves you," Hailee told me.

"I know, but he didn't tell me about her and they hugged," I said worriedly.

"Why don't you just ask him about it?" She asked.

"I don't want him to think I don't trust him," I replied.

"Just ask casually, don't be all jealous about it though," she said.

"I'm not jealous," I denied.

"Okay, sure, Kait," she scoffed.

"I'm not!" I objected.

"Alright, well, I have to get back to set now," she said. "I'll talk to you later?"