The one with the fluff

^Kaitlyn's outfit for the game^

-May 5, 2013-

Kaitlyn's POV

Since there was no show today, we all got to wander around Detroit and Austin and I are in the midst of a 'date day.' We walked around the city and now we're at a baseball game since the Detroit Tigers are my favorite baseball team. We're sitting in the first few rows of left field. Technically it's not just us since most of the crew came, but it felt like it was just us. It's the bottom of the sixth inning right now and Houston is in the field while Detroit was batting. My favorite player, Miguel Cabrera was up to bat and I was excited to see him bat.

Now you may be asking yourself why Detroit is my favorite team, well, to answer your question, neither Tennessee or Pennsylvania (the two cities I grew up in) have baseball teams so I was never a 'home team' fan. My dad and Austin used to watch the Detroit baseball games with my grandpa since my grandpa grew up in Detroit and my dad would take us to the Tigers games when we would visit Detroit. So that's why I'm a big Tigers fan.

"I bet you this will be a home run right to us," Austin leaned over and said to me.

"That would be the most amazing thing ever," I said.

"I'll catch it for you babe," he said, pounding his fist into his baseball mitt.

"Okay Austin," I laughed.

Cabrera had two strikes and three balls and the pressure was on. Cadeno threw the last pitch and Cabrera hit it on the end of his bat. The ball came flying in our direction and everyone around us stood. The ball came hurtling at us and Austin put his glove up. The ball dropped in front of us and Austin stuck his hand forward. The ball made a slight smacking sound as it hit the leather glove.

"Oh my god Austin!" I said as he picked the ball out of the glove.

"As promised my love," he said, handing me the ball while fake bowing.

I took the ball from out of his hands and pecked him on the lips quickly. I heard a quick round of 'awes' as we realized that we were on the big screen. I giggled as we sat back down. After the inning was over, Austin and I went to the team store and I bought a ball displayer to put my new ball in. We went back to our seats and the seventh inning still hadn't started yet. Some of the players from the Detroit team were throwing a ball by where we were sitting and Austin pulled out a sharpie before leading me down to the railing. Why did he have a sharpie in his pocket?

"Excuse me, Mr. Cabrera, Mr. Dirks," Austin yelled down across the railing.

"Austin what are you doing," I said, grabbing his arm.

"Hold on," he said to me. "You see, my girlfriend is a huge fan so would you guys mind signing this baseball for her?" He asked. I will admit, my heart fluttered when he called me his girlfriend. I knew what we were, but neither one of us had really said it until now.

"Sure, who can we make it out to?" The players asked, walking over to us.

"Kaitlyn Swift," Austin said, handing down the ball.

I stood there, eyes wide and mouth slightly open as the players signed the ball. They quickly finished and handed it back to Austin before running to their positions to start playing again. Austin handed me the baseball and I looked it over in shock. He led me back to our seats and I carefully put the baseball into the plastic case to keep it safe.

The Tigers won the game 2-1 and we continued walking around the city after. We walked to the Eastern Market and decided to look around there. We walked around and looked at the different vendors and stores. We found a jewelry store and I looked at some stuff that was on the table.

"Do you want to buy something?" Austin asked.

"I don't think so," I said.

"Come on, what do you like?" Austin asked.

I looked through some cute stuff and asked the lady to see a necklace. It had a silver soccer ball pendant on a silver chain. I looked at it closely and it had little silver gems in the white blocks.

"This is beautiful," I told the store clerk. She smiled and nodded her head. "Do you make these yourself?"

"I do," she smiled. She was probably 30 years old and she had a few necklaces around her neck.

"How much?" Austin asked.

"Austin no," I said.

"75 for the ball and another 25 if you want to add a number," the clerk said.

"I'll take it with the number 7," Austin said, reaching out a 100 dollar bill.

"Austin no I can't let you buy me this," I said, blocking the bill from getting into the lady's hand.

"I didn't ask," he said, reaching the bill over my head.

The lady quickly took the bill and got out a fresh necklace and a number 7 charm. She put everything in a bag and handed me the bag.

"Have a good day," she smiled as we left.

"Thanks you too," I smiled back. We walked down the street to an ice cream stand.

"You really didn't have to get me this," I said to Austin.

"But I wanted to," he said, stopping. He pulled me to face him and grabbed my other hand since we had already been holding hands as we walked.

"Why? You already got me a signed baseball," I asked.

"Because you're my girlfriend and I really, really like you," Austin said. I felt a smile play on my lips and he grinned at me.

"I really, really, really like you too," I said, emphasizing the third really.

"Man, how did I end up with such an amazing girl like you?" Austin said more to himself than me, but I answered anyways.

"I don't know," I smirked.

Austin playfully gasped and hit his hand to his chest. I giggled at his childlike behavior and turned away to keep walking, but he pulled me back. He pulled me close to him and his beautiful brown eyes stared into my blue ones. "You look beautiful right now. I could just..."

He laid a kiss on my lips and our foreheads leaned against each other. "Kiss you."