Chapter 4- Staying in town

Third Person POV

Pearl looked to be in complete shock, even Amethyst looked interested now.

Pearl: " What do you mean Garnet?"

Amethyst: "Yeah G, what does that mean? You saying that Saphires future vision doesn't work on him?"

Garnet: "Yes. Before, I could see everything fine, right now I can see every outcome of this conversation, but when he's around, it seems as though the only vision i can see is within the present, even with other people he interacts with."

Pearl: "Wait, then you're saying that you can't tell anything about his motives."

Garnet simply nodded.

Silence soon filled the room before Pearl started running towards the door in a panic.

Before she could reach it, both Garnet and Amethyst stood in front of it.

Amethyst: "Woah P, what's the rush?"

Pearl: "Right now Steven is out there with a complete stranger, who has the same abilities as us! For all we know he could try to kidnap out baby!"

Garnet: "Pearl, I understand you're scared-"

Pearl: "Scared! I'm absolutely terrified! Steven could be in danger right now!"

Garnet: "-but, from what we've seen of Zachary so far, he doesn't seem so dangerous."

Pearl: "How can you be so sure Garnet?! You couldn't even tell his future!"

Garnet: "Because he saved us, he saved Steven, and expected nothing in return."

Pearl stayed silent for a few seconds, staring at Garnet, before letting out an nervous sigh, before turning around, and begin pacing the path of the room.

Pearl: "You make a good point, but Steven's so innocent For all we know, that 'Zachary' will try to take advantage of him and-"

Before she could finish her thought, the duo returned from their adventure around town, slamming the door open, with Zachary giving Steven a piggy back, four bags of donuts balanced ontop of his head.

Steven: "WE'RE BACK!"

Laughing, Steven jumps off of Zachary's back, as said teen takes the bags off his head.

Zachary: " Man, you were right Steven, 3 hours of arcade games does make a good time killer."

Laughing, they both walk towards the kitchen with the bags in tow, as the three gems just stare, especially Amethyst, who's eyeing the bags in their hands.

Steven: "I still can't believe we didn't eat a single donut."

Setting the bags on the counter, Zachary looks around the one room house.

Zachary: "Nice house."

Steven: "Thanks!"

Soon enough, the two notice the peculiar stares, they feel the awkward tension in the air.

Slowly, reaching into one of the bags without looking away, Zachary grasps one of the boxes, pulling it out, holding it in front of his chest, opening it, nervously smiling.

Zachary: "...Donut?"

Amethyst, eager for the food in front of her, nods vigorously, saying yes repeadetly.

Zachary: " Oh well why didn't you say so?! Here ya-"

Before he could finish his thoughts, Amethyst latches onto his outstretched hands, enveloping both of his hands in her mouth, as well as the box of donuts.