23. Pain

Maan's pov:

God. I expected this. She is not going to do anything but I have everything planned. Zaan switched off the lights and I took ring from her hands and wore it. Maahi made her wear ring.

Once lights are back Everyone saw that rings are exchanged and started clapping, Ammi looked happy. I sighed in relief.

Samaira glared at me but she can't do anything. I requested her to say no but she blackmailed me that she will tell Ammi about this so I have to do this engagement but anyway for world I am engaged but not in real.

I looked at Jiya who was looking down. I really love her.

Music started playing and couples came on stage for dancing. Ammi forced me to go on dance floor. Aneekh came with Aliya on insistence of his father. Adeel with Salina. This girl is weird she sometimes cling to Sameer sometimes to Adeel who she loves. Jiya with Sameer.

Ajeeb daastaan hai yeh
Kahan shuru kahan khatam
Yeh manzile hai kaunsi
Na voh samajh sake na hum

Yeh roshni ke saath kyoon
Dhuaan utha chiraag se

Yeh khwaab dekhti hoon main
Ke jag padi hoon khwaab se

Mubaarakein tumhe ke tum
Kisi ke noor ho gaye
Kisi ke itne paas ho
Ke sab se door ho gaye

Kisi ka pyaar leke tum
Naya jahan basaaoge
Yeh shaam jab bhi aayegi
Tum humko yaad aaoge

Ajeeb daastaan hai yeh
Kahan shuru kahan khatam
Yeh manzile hai kaunsi
Na voh samajh sake na hum

She was not looking at me. I saw kids were sitting with Maahi so this is Maahi's idea but why? I am feeling very jealous seeing her with him. My Jiya.

After few minutes understood Maahi's plan when I saw people changing partner. Now my partner is Salina.

Salina said, "Are you happy Maan?"

I didn't reply.

Salina said, "Maan how can you do this to Jiya? She loves you. Even after knowing about kids you left her. I have never exp-"

I said, "I don't need to give any explanation to you."

I passed her to Aneekh and my Next dance partner is Aliya.

Aliya said, " Bhai, I don't like this whatever is happening. You love Jiya. How can you?"

I said, "As you agreed to marry Aneekh even though you love Adeel."

She gasped and said, "H-How?"

I said, " I have eyes Aliya. I can see How you look at Adeel. I have my doubts that you are not happy with your engagement but when I saw your reaction on news of his marriage and how he dragged you out of house with him. I understand everything."

She said, "Don't tell this to anyone."

It's time to pass her. I was waiting for this moment. Now my partner is Jiya. My heart skipped a bit when Jiya's hands touched my chest. Song was also so romantic and beautiful.