27. Beach time

Maan's pov:

After song session Zaan said,"We want to announce something. As you guys are leaving today I think it's the best time."

Everyone got curious and full attention was on Zaan.

Maahi said,"Zaan please tell them when I am not here. Please"

Zaan smiled and took her hand in his. He made her stand up and said,"They are not strangers Maahi. It's good news and we should share with him."

She nodded. What is it?

Zaan said,"We are expecting a baby."

Aliya and Salina squealed and hugged Maahi. They said,"Congrats"

Sameer and Adeel congratulated Zaan. I looked at Jiya who was in her own thoughts. I walked towards her and sat beside her.

I said,"What are you thinking?"

She looked at me and said,"They look so happy. I just wish I can stay with Maahi in her this beautiful Journey."

I said,"Then stay"

She said,"I can't"

I said,"Why?"

She changed topic saying,"We should congratulate them."

She hugged Maahi and said,"Congratulations Maahi"

Jiya looked at Zaan and said,"Congratulations. Please take care of my sister."

Zaan nodded and said,"I will "

I congratulated both of them when Maahi said," Bhai next is your turn."

I was startled by her words. What is he refering to?

Jiya stiffened beside me and left from there.

I said,"Maahi what are you saying? Jiya got hurt."

She said,"I just wanted to see her reaction. What's wrong in it? I am talking about your and Jiya's baby. Bhai it's great idea make her pregnant she will definately stay with you then."

I was gaping like fish. Is it too wrong that I am tempted by her idea? I also want to experience the time which is lost. How it feels when you the get news of your wife's pregnancy? How it feels to see part of yours growing inside her womb? How it feels when she wakes you up at midnight for her carvings? How it feels to hold your baby for the first time? I want to experience all this things with my Jiya but it's not possible. She will never allow me to come close to her.

Zaan said,"Stop giving ridiculous ideas to bhai. First stop watching serials with Ammi. It's messing with your brain more which is already messed up"

Maahi said,"My idea is not ridiculous.What do you mean by already messed up brain? I am not talking to you."

Zaan said,"Maahi, I didn't mean-"

She left from there.

He looked at me and said,"It's all because of you" and went to Maahi.

but what I did?

We reached beach and today I don't feel depressed by coming here. Infact I am loving it. It's too long since I came here. This use to be my favourite spot but after Jiya left this place reminded me a lot about her so I stopped coming here.

I looked around and everyone was busy with their partner.

Zaan is trying to convince Maahi who seems to be still mad at him. Sameer and Salina are acting like love birds. Adeel is following Aliya and trying to talk with her. My Jiya is playing with our kids.