Prologue.

Jazmine

I let the piping hot water run all over my body as I showered this evenings drama off of me. My birthday was indeed eventful.
It's the worst yet greatest birthday ever!

I know everyone hates me right now but they will see in the long run that secrets are no good. If Rachel spoke up all those years ago then everything else wouldn't have happened. It was a domino effect.

I stepped out of the shower and into my robe. I looked at the time and it was just gone eleven pm. My birthday was almost over. I put on Whitney Houston's greatest hits and I smiled as I poured out some brandy into a glass. I downed it in one gulp. The fire feeling that spread around my chest and my stomach felt as if a volcano was ready to erupt. I took another shot and then another. I had been drinking practically all day, after all it is my birthday.

The door opened and I turned around.

"Hey. Listen..." I began but was rudely interrupted.

"You just couldn't keep quiet could you? Now you've ruined everything!"

"Boo hoo. Cry me a river! It was about time everyone was faced with the truth." I said.

"Is that what you think?"

"Yes! I was tired of living with these burdens! Now... now I'm free! I feel like the weight has been lifted off my shoulders and I can take on the world!" I said triumphantly.

"Well... it's a shame you will never get to." They said before taking out a gun and pointing it at me.

"What are you going to do with that?" I said as I laughed at them. "Put it away before you hurt yourself."

"The only person I'll be hurting is you..."

And with that they shot me. Instantly I fell to the ground. I struggled to breathe. My body was hot! It felt as if I was on fire after having my insides ripped out of me. I felt like I was stuck to the floor but somehow I managed to hold my stomach. With only my robe on I was trying to use it to stop the bleeding but I was in so much pain it was pointless.

The room door opened and closed. I looked up. The person had left and now someone else had entered.

"Help me... I've been shot. It was..."

"I don't care. I don't care who shot you. They did the job I came to do."

I felt myself going in and out of consciousness.

Was this really the end for me?

"How can you say that? I thought you loved me!"

"I thought... YOU loved me! But you don't love anyone but yourself. Now you will pay the price. If only you just kept silent."

"Never!" I spat.

I was deteriorating by the minute.

"Isn't it ironic... that the day you was born, shall be the day you die."

"Please. I don't want to die... help me." I said somewhat scared.

"Don't beg. You've never been a begger. Don't start now." They said as they walked over to the chair and picked up a cushion.

"You... you don't have to do this. Just get me help and I promise I'll change. I'll make everything right."

"Too. Late." They said before covering my face with the cushion.

I tried to fight for my life but given I had just been shot I was in a lot of pain. Eventually I gave up and admitted defeat.

It wasn't long before my world went black...

********************