19.

Eddie

I sat at the table trying to take everything in. My wife was being raped by my brother for years, so she then offered our daughter to replace her so it would stop happening to her. All those years and my wife knew what this rapist was doing. On top of that, he impregnated his own niece. This is the type of stuff you read in stories. Not something that's real life!

"I think it's safe to say this weekend will be one none of us will ever forget," I said as I got up.

"Daddy, I'm sorry you had to find out everything like this. But I'm also glad you know the truth. Your brother is a rapist and your wife and daughter knew everything that was going on!"

"Oh shut up!" Rose said.

"No! What's the matter? Upset now that everyone knows how fucked up you are?" Jazmine said.

"I was only a child myself for goodness sake!" Rose spat back.

Jazmine laughed.

"You was old enough to take me to the abortion clinic though weren't you?"

"Rose?" I interrupted.

"It's not... it's not what you think! Unc... Eric said that she was pregnant and that she had to go clinic but it would look bad if anyone else took her but me. So I just did as I was told." Rose said trying to defend her actions.

"How did you know you were pregnant Jazmine?"

"Erm... I kept throwing up. Mum took me, doctors. I didn't actually know I was pregnant. Not until I went to the clinic and realised what I was doing there."

"So... you knew?" I said bringing my attention to Rachel.

"Ye...Yeah. But I couldn't take her. The look I got when they told me the results and that she was indeed pregnant. I couldn't have anyone look at me like that. So I..." she sighed then continued. "...I made Eric tell Rose to take her..."

"Just stop. I can't with you. I really can't. Once we get back home Eric will leave and you can sleep in the spare room he's in. I don't wanna see you. You make me sick! How could anyone do that to their daughter? HOW?"

***

Rachel

"What about me?!" I wept.

This weekend was a disaster and this was exactly the reason why I never wanted to go. This was always Jazmine intention. For the family to fall out.

"What about you? You do know this is all your fault right?" Eddie said with not a care in the world.

"Pardon? Did I ask to be raped? Did I ask YOUR brother to rape me???"

"No. No, you didn't. But as far as I'm concerned; we're best friends! We share everything! Had you told me what he was doing I would have put a stop to it! He definitely wouldn't have been able to come around our girls! So, like I said... this is all your fault!"

"That's. Not. Fair." I said as the tears fell.

"Neither is all of this! Look at all these years! Jazmine has had to live with this her whole life! Because of you! Had no one believing her when you AND Rose knew the truth? I'm done with the both of you. You're dead to me Rachel. You and Rose." Eddie said before walking off.

"YOU BITCH!! Look what you've caused!" Rose screamed.

"Was a long time coming if you ask me."

"You happy now?" I asked Jazmine.