XXII

Wesley~

"Someone please help me!" Ophelia screamed as she leaned over the boy who had protected Margo.

I was pulled from my numbness. Her hands were drenched in blood. I pushed through the others who had gathered round her. "Why isn't he healing?" I asked, tearing open his shirt. I leaned my head over his chest and thankfully heard the faint beating of his heart.

"The bullet is still inside him." Avanali forced Ophelia to take a step back. "We have to get it out."

"How the hell are you going to do that?" A boy shouted. Good question.

Avanali took a deep breath, she gave me a look. I knew what she was going to do. With shaking fingers she reached inside the wound. Nausea climbed up my throat.

"I think I got it." Her breath caught in her throat and I could tell she was trying not to gag. A girl behind me puked, the stench only adding to the ill feeling in my stomach.

Avanali began to draw her hand back. Suddenly the boy writhed in pain, his bod thrashing as if he has been set on fire.

I held his shoulders down, gritting my teeth as he pushed against me gasping and clawing but he couldn't have been strong like me because he couldn't kick me away.

"Lay still, I've almost got it." Avanali murmured under her breath, deep in concentration.

Avanali suddenly collapsed backwards and I heard a small ping hit the floor. I sighed in relief, removing my hands from the boy's shoulders.

Ophelia shoved me aside, grabbing the boy's hand. "It's alright Tristan," she stroked his blonde hair, "It's gonna be okay." Tears slipped from her eyes, falling and staining her clothes.

I jumped in surprise as the boy, Tristan, sat up straight, a look of pure terror on his face. He stared at me with wide yellow eyes. "M-m... Marg- Margo." He stuttered, stumbling over her name.

I grabbed him by his shoulders again, not letting go even as Ophelia slapped at me. I shook him. "What about her? What are you talking  about?"

He panted. "She's dying."

Once again extremely short but I want to keep posting on a regular basis. It doesn't fit into my schedule to write long chapters rn. But I promise that as soon as it does I will keep them coming. Keep voting and commenting! XOXO ~N.K