Chapter 3

[NOTE: AFTER REACHING 2ND PAGE WHEN YOU DON'T FIND LINK BETWEEN IT AND THE 1ST, THEN DON'T GET ANGRY......JUST IMMEDIATELY GO BACK TO THE 1ST PAGE, THE "MISSING PARTS" WILL APPEAR AND ON READING THAT YOU CAN FIND THE LINK. PLEASE DO IT, I'M HAVING SOME PROBLEM IN WATTPAD. THANK YOU]

I woke up after feeling like I went into hibernation. My bed was messy with crushed sheets and pillows everywhere. My head felt dizzy and the big lumps inside my throat still prevailed. My body ached a little less but the pain wasn’t gone entirely. I realized that I’m having a minor fever. I looked at the wall-clock and I concluded that being 11.15 Am already, it is impossible for me to attend college today. I moved out of my bed feeling extremely chilly and went to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth, switched on the geyser and took a nice hot shower. No sooner did I take the shower than my nose started to run and I started sneezing. I came inside my room searching for my mobile while continuing to sneeze. As I found my phone and unlocked it, I saw I had 5 missed calls and 2 messages, all from Niall. My eyes became wide apart and I was left awe-struck.

5 missed calls and 2 messages?

I quickly checked to find that the last call came at 1.30 Am last night. I opened the first message and it read,” I’m sitting on my couch, bored to death. I tried to read a story book that Harry gave me last year, but I’m a terrible reader. So do you have any ideas for me?”

I laughed as I kept wiping away the water coming down from my nose with a hanky.

I opened the second message and it read,” Hey, I tried calling you 5 times. I guess you’re busy or something. So text me when you’re free. Goodnight.”

I didn’t waste any more time and dialed his number from the call list. After five rings, he finally picked it up.

“Hello” He said, his voice shaking.

“Hey. I’m so sorry I couldn’t pick up your calls or reply to your messages last night. I came back home and immediately fell asleep.”

“Are you okay? Your voice seems hoarse.”

“I don’t think I am. I think it might be a minor fever.”

“Did you take any medicine?” His voice became high.

“No I just woke up a few minutes back. Let me see what medicines I have.”

“You should visit a doctor. I can tell by just listening to you that you’re weak.”

Aww….He is so cute.

“No, no. I’m perfectly fine. I think I’ve some Calpols. I’ll take them. Anyway, listen looks like I won’t be able to make it to college.”

“I can understand.”

“Where are you by the way?”

“I’m almost near college.”

“Ok then I’ll talk to you later, bye.”

“Ahmm….Okay, bye. Take care.”

I smiled and hung up.

I sat on my bed for a few good minutes thinking about the conversation. His voice sounded so very deep and calm in phone. The fact that he actually called me unlike other guys, who would just take the number and then never call back, fascinated me to the utmost. The fact that his voice rose hearing that I’m sick made me feel so special.

Why the fuck am I thinking about it so much? He just asked me simple damn questions, any friend would ask.

I tried to keep my thoughts away and planned to make some breakfast. Since I didn’t eat the last night, I was practically serving. However, I was too fragile to make anything grand so I just settled with some scrambled eggs and toasts along with a fresh glass of orange juice. I took my breakfast and surrendered myself on the couch. I switched on the television and fortunately Friends were on rerun from Season 6.