Chapter 41

I licked the fork to eat the sauce on it as I dumped the plate along with it in the sink. I took a glance at the wall clock to see that it was 9.30 Am. I walked to my room to enter the bathroom and wash my mouth and hands. After coming out, I opened my wardrobe and fetched a white top and a red skirt with white polka dots. I was preparing to go for grocery shopping. I changed into the top and the skirt before combing my hair and tying it into a high pony tail. I grabbed my purse after putting some cash inside it and slipped it inside my bag. I grappled my mobile and turned off the lights and ceiling fan before walking to the living room. I grabbed my keys from the kitchen counter and wore my sandals as I exited the apartment. I locked it shut behind me before pressing the elevator button. As the machine dinged on the floor, I boarded it and slid the collapsible gates closed. On reaching the ground floor, I strolled out of the building and commenced to walk towards my left where the grocery shop was located. It was the first day of the May month which meant the summer was approaching slowly. Summers in Calcutta are extremely sultry and suffocating. It is needed to stay hydrated all the time hence; I growled for forgetting to bring a water bottle with me and an umbrella.

Anyway after a few more minutes, I finally reached the grocery shop. I pushed the glass door and entered it as cool and refreshing layer of air from the air conditioner provided me immense comfort. I straight away went towards the section with breads, pastas and noodles. I took a trolley from the corner and walked with it towards the racks that contained the materials. I dumped five big packets of brown breads and two big packets of pastas when my eyes fell on instant noodles. Series of memories with Niall came rushing back into my mind. A smile curled up into my lips thinking about the night when we spent our one month anniversary eating instant noodles for dinner. It was the night when I said him that I love him. I raised my eye-brows and shook my head to shove off the thoughts away.

“Instant noodles? Good choice.” A deep and heavy voice addressed me.

Niall? Oh my God, yes it’s him. What’s he doing here?

I discreetly moved my head towards my right with excitable face only to notice that it wasn’t him. It was Aarav instead. He wore a white tee along with jeans’ shorts with his aviator sunglass dangling from his tee.

“Oh you….. Hi.” I smiled.

“Were you expecting someone else?” He asked.

“Ya, kind of.”

“Ohh….”

I swallowed and inquired,” Anyways, what are you doing here? Don’t you have office?”

“Ahhmm…..today is Sunday, if you didn’t know.” He chuckled.

“Ohh….yes, I guess I didn’t remember.” I hit my forehead with my right palm mildly.

“You look cute, by the way.” He smiled as he raised his left eye-brow.

“Thank you” I laughed mildly looking at the ground.

“So what kind of work do you do in the online magazine?” He interrogated as he put some packets of brown breads his trolley.

“It’s a fashion magazine. I write and edit articles.” I replied as I turned around to grab some two medium sized bottles of mustard and refined oils, respectively.

“Ohh….cool. What’s the name of the magazine?”

“The Walk” I put a lot of small packets of Indian spices inside the trolley.

“What?”

“The Walk….I know it’s funny.” I laughed.

“Thank you for thinking the same. Don’t mind though.”