Chapter 29

I sat on the chair before my computer table as nice winds entered my room through the balcony. I took a sip from the coffee and placed the mug on the computer table. I checked from my mobile that it was 4.00 Pm. After resting the mobile on the computer table, I yawned widely. I logged into my gmail account and received four work assignments again.

It’s tiring

Without growling about it anymore, I simply opened MS-Word and started writing.

I better not get grumpy so early. I’ve to study at night. Examinations are almost nearing.

It was the last week of March. Today we read from the notice-board in college that our farewell party will be held on the 10th of April and that meant end of college. I’ve always desperately craved for this moment to arrive. Things were a lot different when I was in Victoria College and had my parents and sister in my life. I had friends and my family around me who cared for me but everything changed entirely after that one horrific incident. I became alone and lost. The only aim I had was to graduate somehow and leave this apartment and the city as a whole and start a fresh life all together. I was alone here and would be alone in another city too but at least the memories brought by this city which are nothing but deep and indescribable pain will disappear.

However, a simple four lettered word for a boy who changed my life irrevocably in just a few months made an enormous difference. I was in love, deep and true love. The love that made me strong and weak simultaneously, the love that brought back my smile and laughs eventually, the love that taught me to re-live my life again and the love that had no limit. It was for this ‘love’ for Niall that surprisingly made me lament over the fact that college was nearing its end. It meant no more making fun of Mrs. DaGama, it meant no more having stomach aches while watching Niall imitate Sir Vincent and his strong Anglo-Indian accent, it meant no more me getting angry with Niall drooling over Madam Priyanka and vice-versa, it meant no more lunch-hours, it meant no more sharing my book of ‘Look Back in Anger’ with Niall, it meant no more Niall tucking my hairs behind my ears while I scribble notes and it meant Niall no more waiting for me outside college.

My heart was laden with sorrow from the realization that these moments won’t ever happen anymore. But I was certain that some other beautiful moments were awaiting us in the path before and with us being by each other’s side, everything would be amazing.

“And send” I said to myself as I mailed all of the four work assignments of mine to my boss. I leaned my head back and stretched my arms broadly. On collecting myself as I sat erect on my chair, I noticed from the clock on the monitor that it’s 9.00 Pm sharp.

Time for One Tree Hill.

I turned off the computer and grabbed my mobile and empty coffee mug as I ran to the living room. I kept them on the centre table and grabbed the remote as I turned the television on. I browsed through the channels until Star World appeared and thankfully, the recap was only on. My mobile rang soon and I knew it was Niall. I picked it up.

“Hello” I said.

“On the couch or on the dining table?” He asked out of the blue.

“What?” I inquired, completely befuddled as I stretched my legs on the centre table in front of me.

“Where do you wanna have sex with me next?”

“Are you out of your mind?” I furrowed my eye-brows.

“So dining table, it is.”

“No….when did I say that? What is going on?”

He laughed before answering,” I fell asleep while studying and had a dream of us having sex on both these places.”