i

➵

SWEAT DRIPPED DOWN CLAUDIA'S FACE as she ran through the woods. Her dark brown hair was messy like a bird's nest, and her clothes ripped as if she just escaped a predator attack. The young girl mostly concentrated on her heavy and hoarse breathing as well as making sure not to trip over any sticks, branches, dents.

She was use to this, sometimes she didn't mind the peace and quiet that Claudia felt while she was alone. But it always seemed to remind her of her family and friends and how much she missed them.

There was never a day where Claudia never thought of them.

Especially Mike.

She always wondered what he was doing at this very moment, always wondering how he was. Was he missing her as much as she was missing him? Did he ever try to look for her? Did he even care for her?

Questions that Claudia could never answer if someone asked her because, the truth is, Claudia didn't know the answers herself. And she despised it.

There was always one memory that she could remember as if her brain recorded the whole thing and it always replayed. She remembered when it was, she remembered every single word that was used. She remembered all of it.

Their last call.

"Clauds? Clauds, can you hear me? Over."

"Yeah I can. Over."

"Great! I need some help with something. Do you think you can help me with it? Over."

"Okay, what is it? Over."

"Well, the dance is in a couple of days and I still haven't asked anyone to come with me. Who do you think I should ask? Over."

"I know someone who would want to go. Over."

"Who? Over."

"You know that it doesn't have to be someone you like. You can always ask your friends, some of us - like me - haven't been ask yet. Over."

"I am not asking Dustin or Will or Lucas! Over."

"I never said Dustin or Will or Lucas! Ask your friend that's a girl. Over."

"Who should I ask that's a girl and is a friend of mine? Over."

"You can always ask me-"

"Savanna! I'll ask Savanna! Yes! Perfect! Thanks for your help, Claudia! Over and out!"

She remembered her body feeling empty and void. Then it being filled with sorrow and lost. She remembered all of the tears that cascaded down her olive skinned face. She remembered breaking the walkie talkie into so many pieces that it was impossible to fix it. She remembered putting on the purple dress to go to the dance. She remembered regretting going.

Why did she regret it?

Because she saw Mike dancing.

Dancing with someone else.

Claudia remembered her lips trembling as wet, fresh tears brimmed her eyes as she saw her best friend dance, a wide and happy smile on his face.

Then Mike looked at Claudia, a worried look on his face when he saw how close Claudia was to crying. And he glanced at Savanna, then Claudia and he realised.

A second after realising his mistake, he immediately let go of Savanna to run over to Claudia.

But he was too late.

Because Claudia had already ran away.

Claudia wiped the tears that were now falling from her face as she thought of the memory. She then tucked the strands of brown hair that stuck to her face behind her ears. She clutched her stomach, starving and freezing.

But then she gasped ever so quietly when she looked up and saw a big sign that showed the words so clearly and brightly.

'Welcome to Hawkins'

She was home.

/////

FIRST CHAPTER DOWN WHATS UP MY QUEENS?

Look, as I said in my points, it was going to be half walkie talkie calling, half writing. Just so you guys get a brief idea of what's happening!

BUT I AM SO EXCITED TO WRITE THIS BOOK

I HOPE YOU ALL ARE

OKAY, have a wonderful day everyone!

Byeeeeeeeeeee!

-Indiana