xiii

➵

THE TWO RUNAWAYS SAT THERE eating Eggos together, it was peaceful and quiet. Eleven was fixated on the waffles as she took slow and small bites, reaching the middle of it. While on the other hand, Claudia was staring at her fifth waffle, analysing it as she kept turning it around one side to the other side. On her right hand, she held Will's walkie talkie. She was listening to Mike's pleads for her to answer him. She wanted to pick it up so badly but she couldn't do it. She didn't want to listen to him

Not that he ever listened to her anyway.

"Claudia I know you're there. Please answer."

"..."

"Come on Claudia! It's been years and I finally get to hear from you. Only for you to leave me again!"

"..."

"Dustin and Lucas and looking around for you as well."

"..."

"We...we miss you."

"..."

"Hopefully I can see you soon. Bye Clauds."

And then he was gone.

"Claudia?" The brunette's head whipped to look at Eleven who was eyeing her with a questionable face. "Is Mike your friend?" She asked which then made Claudia let out a sigh when she heard his name.

She nodded her head as she felt herself become more sickening by the second. She had this sad, horrible feeling in her gut. She missed him a lot. Not like she had talked to him a few hours ago. But she wanted to talk to him face to face, she wanted to be normal again, she wanted to let everyone know that she wasn't dead. "But it's frustrating."

This made Eleven even more confused and she cocked her head to the side.

Knowing that Eleven would probably want to know everything, Claudia explained to her about it. "You see, I like Mike. I like him a lot and I have for such a long time."

"Like friends?"

Claudia gave her a small smile but she shook her head, "No. I like him even more than friends." She answered.

"How can you like someone...more than friends?" Eleven asked, fully focused on Claudia. She had her legs crossed and her body was directing looking at her.

Claudia never thought that she would have to explain this to someone and she couldn't help the slight nervousness and worry that got to her. She didn't want to mess this up but she had to go with her instincts.

"Well, people can like someone more than friends just because of their looks, or their personality. Even just their presence may give that person so much joy and happiness when they see them. When you like someone a lot, you want to be with them every single day. You want to make them smile, you want to make them happy and you want to make them feel loved." Claudia answered, her eyes wandering over to look at Eleven's. "You know when you like someone that way when you get this feeling in your stomach. It would feel like there are butterflies in your stomach and you can't get rid of them. You can't help but stare at the way their hair shines in the midst of the sun. Or even how they're eyes sparkle when light is reflected on it. Their smile brightens your day-"

"-Like Eggos?" Eleven had cut in, pointing at the box of her favourite waffles that was sitting next to her.

Claudia laughed and she nodded her head, "Just like Eggos can brighten your day." She added, making the end of Eleven's lips curl up into a happy smile. She then continued, "You know you like someone when they're your everything. Your world, your day and night, your emotions. Everything that they feel, you can't help but feel as well. And hopefully, they feel the same way about you."

When Claudia finished, Eleven had then realised how much she missed out on knowing the world. She was only a subject, they never told her anything or explained anything to her. But after Claudia telling her what liking someone was like, she knew the world a bit more better.

But what Eleven didn't know was that Claudia told her about love not like.

Two words. Both have one syllable and four letters.

But the two did not define each other.

/////

WOW

OKAY I'M HONESTLY SHOOKETH WITH WHAT I WROTE

THE DEFINITION CLAUDIA MADE ABOUT LOVING SOMEONE WAS MADE BY ME

AND I'M ABSOLUTELY SHOOKETH

Also! Go check out my Finn Wolfhard gif imagines book. Yes, it was bound to happen.

ALSO WATTPAD THANK YOU FOR GETTING RID OF MY RANTS BOOK

I'M SO HAPPY WOW

Byeeeeeeeee!

-Indiana